Wednesday 15 June 2011

....and here's your starter for ten...well eight!!

 ~
On Sunday I made a HUGE bowl ful of mixed Mediteranean Veggies
~
veggies
2 yellow peppers
2 orange peppers
1 sweet red pointed pepper
5 red onions
4 white onions
3 courgettes

dressing
couple of tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon chilli oil
sea salt and black pepper
sprinkle of chilli flakes
squeeze of tomato puree
squeeze of garlic puree
a handul of assorted herbs
2 sprigs of rosemary

Chop veggies into similar sized pieces, coat them with the mixed up dressing ( I do this in my biggest mixing bowl) and then tip into a roasting tin.  Pop it in the oven for about 30 - 45 mins, stirring up occasionally so everything cooks evenly.
~
And there you have it the basis for four meals for two people.
~

Sunday night we had the veggies on a bed of spiced cous cous, Lovely Hubby had a peppered steak with his and I had a Quorn fillet, chopped up and mixed into mine.
~

 ~
Monday LH took a smaller portion to work to reheat in the microwave there.
~
 ~
Monday night we had a good dollop of the veggies on a couple of homemade scone based pizzas.
~
 ~
Tuesday I had some with brown rice for my lunch.
~
 ~
Tuesday night I cooked a couple of handfuls of brown pasta, added a couple of spoonfuls of homemade 'tinned tomatoes' to the veggies and mixed it all together topped with a sprinkling of veggie 'parmesan'......yummy!!
~
~
And now it's all gone......I wonder what we can have tonight?
~
I have an appeal.....do any of you know of a GOOD flapjack recipe, you know the sort you buy from a shop or a good Farmers Market stall, about an inch thick, soft and chewy, deliciously moreish.  I have worked my way through many of my recipe books and everytime the flapjacks end up thin, quite hard and well....just not right.  I have used the size of tin they state, I have tried altering timings and tried different positions in the oven but still to no avail......HELP.

Sue xx


2 comments:

  1. Yum your food award looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe Sue, will be trying that one out soon.

    I have the same issues with flapjack - great ask, will be watching out for the answers here!

    Take care
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.