Friday 16 July 2010

Change of Plans.....

Today we were supposed to be taking Betty the Berkshire pig to the abbatoir........Betty had other ideas and refused to be loaded into the trailer. Now she is booked in for next Friday. A one week reprieve for a stubborn pig.
~
The photo at the head of this post is of the poster that was plastered all over the surrounding towns, on pub, shop, post office, church and village notice boards advertising our Farmers Market last week. Guess who the star of the show was, sat tucking into his bacon butty?
A perfect picture Lovely Hubby enjoying his breakfast after doing an early morning poo run (manure pick up....Charlotte!!) at the last Market in June.
~
I'm off to make alternative plans for the morning, Betty is asleep in her ark with a huge grin on her face. Pigs......huh!! ~
Sue xx

6 comments:

  1. looks like a good bacon butty ( shhush Betty might hear ! )

    Did you see the chicken programme ? Great fun & informative ( and Jamie is luverly ! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. now, I know pigs=bacon and so a trip to the abbatoir is a necessary part of this process...but...YEAY Betty!! Good on ya girl!!

    ps Henny certainly had a comment to make on the Chicken programme last night

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I'm wondering when to see if my onions are ready - I planted late May. I pulled up first spring onions for supper tonight. I have courgettes coming out of my ears - bought a lovely veg cook book at the garden centre.

    I can't even begin to describe how excited I get bringing in the veg for supper - I'm planning a lot more for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear God, for one dreadful moment I thought the post said it was a photo of your hubby after doing his early morning poo!!!!

    Ah bless Betty! Got to love that pig... I'm glad she is having another week.

    We're just back from Cornwall and week away - rained a lot and I found the whole being cooped up with Mike and Isobel thing exhausting. SO glad to be back to my home and veggie patch :-)

    x
    x
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm, I hope Betty doesn't keep pulling a fast one every week or else she'll die of old age LOL.

    Great poster by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky Betty! Though I suppose still not so lucky in the end...
    Love the photo/poster - wish I could attend! And now I'm dying for a bacon butty :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.