Monday 26 July 2010

Eggs Galore

At the moment we have eggs galore.
Yesterday at the Car Boot sale we managed to sell nineteen dozen. Quite a feat for my laying girls....thank you very much ladies! At last they are paying for themselves handsomely, they will soon have their mortgage paid off at this rate!
Two lovely houses......mortgaged to the hilt!!
~
On a completely different note I have been offered the chance to review some products for a company called CSN, they do a brilliant range of home goods, with everything from ceiling lights, to cookware, which for obvious reasons is my favourite section. Lots of lovely well known names including some of my very favourite things (Jamie Oliver cookware, Le Creuset etc etc...). Visit the CSN website using either of the links.
~
I already know the products I would like to review, they are vital for all of us self sufficient brigade. Making sure that the goodness we are harvesting now gets stored correctly for those lean, dark days of winter. I am determined this year to save enough of my own produce to make visits to the supermarket a rarer and less expensive occasion. So this chance to review is something I am really looking forward to. Watch this space for details of how I get on.
~

Archie next to the Kale bed this morning.

Now, it's back to the harvesting......more Kale...it's a good job we like it. I also have 11 pumpkins romping away in the pumpkin bed, well actually they have commandeered the walkways as well!!

My path is vanishing........

Back tomorrow with the tale of Nellie and Nora.

Sue xx

11 comments:

  1. Love your hen houses with the cut out hearts !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love those gorgeous hen houses with the hearts ... no wonder they are so happy there and laying well!
    Heather ~ The Patchwork Heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little hearts are perspex windows so the girls know when it's daylight. I must admit the hearts swung it for me!!

    They are the 'Maggies 24 Henhouses' from a company called FlyteSoFancy, and you can get them in smaller sizes if you have less birds.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! There is nothing like freshly laid eggs, and well done at the Car Boot, that's alot of eggs to shift! K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely garden...and those eggs....had mine this morning....again mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on selling so many eggs at the booty. I bet if you don't go next week they will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent on the eggs front! Mine have all stopped laying at all!
    Playing catch up on the blogs trying to see what else you have been up to but foiled again - hubby just called me in for tea, so, I'll be back again just as soon as I can get back to the computer!
    Take care, so pleased all the veggies are doing so well
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great way of looking at the egg money !!! I'm doing that from now on !
    I drew a heart template for a tiny shed we had in a small garden once & hubby cut it out for me... it's weathered down nicely & all visitors think it's an outside loo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, check your hens for Red Mite (just in case), we have spotted a few and I've just had to spring into action fumigating the houses etc. Stopping laying can be a sign!

    I don't want to alarm you but better safe than sorry. I had a real fight on my hands last year because I failed to notice them early.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything looks like it is blooming well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice 'pay off' for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.