Wednesday 21 July 2010

Ooops...you're a Pumpkin!

7.30 am this morning, first harvest of the day
Every day now things need to be harvested, I literally cannot keep up with veggies screaming "pick me, pick me" as I walk past (at least in my mind, they don't talk....yet!).
~
I thought I had picked two squashes this morning, turns out after looking at the Kitchen Garden plan in the diary, (a certain little doggie has taken great delight in removing all my plant labels from the veggie beds, mentioning no names....ROSY!!) and it turns out they are in fact pumpkins, so they could possibly have been left to get even bigger. I am not going in the polytunnel I know there are some HUGE courgettes waiting for me!
~
So now I'm on the lookout for a young pumpkin recipe to use for tea, any ideas?
~
Sue xx

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous, I just love reading about your picking times, and what you discover :-) ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thanks for lavender price list, I will be in touch when I run out !
    Nice veg !
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, could young pumpkins be curried...I've done that before with firm squashes.

    Hope all is well with you- raining here in between sunshine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm.....curried pumpkin, now that sounds good.

    Thank you.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about a chilled something or other....like a gaspacho? Don't know if it would work but it sounds possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe roast and then use in a goats cheese/red onion/pumpkin lasagne? I'm forever being told off for not making REAL lasagne...but i like the veggie versions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the suggestions, I also had a phone call (thanks Mum) suggesting Pumpkin Soup or Pumpkin Pie from Delias book, and an email (thanks Rebecca) suggesting Pumpkin Bread.

    Suddenly all my fears that I have planted way too many have evaporated.

    Thanks again, I see a whole new vein developing on this Blog of what we eat over winter!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. spicey pumkin soup - yum - I'm giving courgettes away now !! No eggs for sale this week as I'm hoarding them for a friend's birthday party - I'm supplying egg sarnies !!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.