Wednesday 12 December 2012

Project 333



In preparation for next years main Blog Challenge I have signed up for this.

Project 333 is the brainchild of Courtney Carver, you can read all about it HERE on her brilliant Blog.  It seems very similar to something Gok Wan did a year or so ago on TV when he went through ladies wardrobes virtually jettisoning all their clothes and then built them a basic wardrobe of about 30 items.

 The basics for Project 333 are very simple.

*** *** ***

The Basics

■When:  Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)

■What:  33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.

■What not:  these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)

■How:  Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.

■What else:  consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.

*** *** ***

The first step is to assess ALL your clothes and go through them picking out the ones you love, the ones that are 'maybes' and the ones that you simply know can go straight away.

It sounds very do-able, and of course I'll let you know.  I honestly didn't think I had as much as I do have, how did all this stuff creep back into my life, I only sorted out at the start of last year and already it would seem I am almost back to square one.


At the moment ALL my clothes , shoes and accessories are out on my bed, so I have to keep this brief and get back to sorting otherwise  we'll have nowhere to sleep tonight!!

Sue xx

10 comments:

  1. I can see the benefits but what about certain types of clothing such as working clothes? I mean clothes that you wear to dig the garden or clean out the animals? And I like to have a few extra shirts (all bought from the charity shop) that can be worn to work for when the weekends are too busy to get through all the ironing. And a few extra fleecey items for those sub zero days. I don't I could cope with just 33 items.

    I look forward to seeing how you get along with this challenge. I'm not sure I fit the mould at the moment but maybe when I'm not at work fulltime then it might be possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clothes such as 'work clothes' in my case for tending the veggie patch and cleaning out the chickens etc, workout/gym clothes, underwear and nightwear and even what the Americans call 'loungewear', the old stuff you would slop around the house in, are excluded from the 33 as long as you don't leave wear them for nipping to the shops etc, then you would have to count them in as then they are normal everyday clothes.

      I'm looking forward to seeing if I can do it myself!!

      Sue xx

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't dream of even going to the corner shop wearing the clothes for cleaning out the chickens as I wouldn't like anybody to see them... : )

      In that case, it sounds like a good challenge.

      Delete
  2. I did this exercise earlier this year, I could still do with going through and sorting out more though. I work on the premis that if I have not worn anything for 12 months it can go out. I tend to wear trousers most of the time, but have kept a couple of summer skirts and a dress I am fond of.

    Do not wear much jewellery except earrings when on a posh outing, which is not very often these days. Having said that I will be wearing some on Saturday when we go to the bowls pensioners Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how things screep back in isn't it, I did a HUGE clearout last year, but you wouldn't know it to look at all the things that were laid out on the bed!

      Sue xx

      Delete
  3. that sounds like a great challenge, I look forward to following you next yearto see how you get on with all your new challenges :)

    ps the house sounds amazing, very best of luck with it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do seem to have a few Challenges lined up don't I !

      Luckily they will all fall under the Blog's new subheading for next year and will link well together.

      Sue xx

      Delete
  4. Just done a count (from a mans point of view) and I don't think I have 33 items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny my son has just said that in a phone call, so I challenged him to actually count what he owns when he gets home from work tonight, we'll see what his actual figure is.

      Sue xx

      Delete
  5. Pleased to hear that you're starting Project 333. I started it a couple of weeks ago and will be posting an update on it later this week. It's a brilliant exercise and I'm discovering so much about my attitude to clothes and dressing. Having a tidier wardrobe is a big bonus. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.