Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas is in sight ......

 
 
Christmas is in sight ..... a lot more clearly for Lovely Hubby now!! 
 
We've just got back from two nights at Mum's in Manchester while he had his eyes lasered in the City Centre, something I had done five years ago.  It's worked perfectly, as he keeps demonstrating by reading things out to me.  The most obscure things that make me laugh out loud.  Nice to have a man that can see me as clearly as I can see him!!
 
It was a lovely little break with a trip around the German Market that was literally right outside the doors of the clinic and so nice to spend a little bit of time with Mum before Christmas.
 
Now we're home, the dogs are back from the kennels, the chickens are tucked up in bed and the log burner is made up and just awaiting a match to coax it into life and it's time to welcome Christmas into the house in a big way with a glass of wine and a few early Quality Street.
 
It's nice to go away, especially for such a good reason and it was as lovely as always to see my Mum, but it's always nice to be tucked up in your own home, warm and cosy after a few days of driving through the wettest weather I've ever seen.
 
Sue xx

12 comments:

  1. wow.. great and scary and wonderful all in one! It has been delightful visiting you throughout this year. We look forward very much to more time shared in 2013! and here is wishing it to be a peaceful, healthy and happy new year. Love Darcy, Bingley and Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderfully peaceful festive time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a "few" Quality Street???
    Is that possible????
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh scary indeed. Something I'd like to do, but haven't quite dared. I'd love to ditch the contacts forever. So glad it's worked for you two. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I knew you had a stash of Quality Street!
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheh.....of course (insert great big cheesy grin)!!

      Delete
  6. OH had it done 10years ago and no regrets - but I'm a big coward!
    I've loved following your adventures this year. I'm looking forward to next year and your forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it went well. Hope you have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WISHING YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Christmas present - the gift of sight

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Sue and Lovely Hubby xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.