Sunday 30 December 2012

Out with the Old and In with the New

 
This is is my final Blog post of 2012.
 
Usually I do a review of some kind, summing up the Blog and events over the previous 52 weeks but this year the words escape me completely, there is nothing I can say on here that sums up this year in the way that my heart will let me express.  So I will keep quiet and let this year slip by, trickle away unnoticed, end with a fizzle and pop not a whoosh and a bang.
 
I am looking forward so much to 2013, a brand New Year. 
 
One that holds hope and freshness, one that beckons me with arms flung wide, that we will begin and end it together is all that I ask, and that it will be gentler with us than the last one is my heartfelt prayer.  We walk forward into this new year with hope, with strength and with determination, that we walk into it together is the only thing that is holding me up at the moment.
 
Thank you to all my Blog readers for your words of support over this past year, you have been as good a bunch of true friends as I could ever have asked for.  You have been there when I needed you, you have sent your prayers for me and my family, you have contacted me through the Blog and privately with helpful advice, with words of encouragement and with your very presence when I have needed you most - THANK YOU.
 
*** *** ***
 
Two of the pages at the top of this Blog will vanish tomorrow to make room for new Challenges for the coming year.  If you would like to have a last read of them please do.  The ones going are £2012 in 2012 and Live Below the Line. 
 
I have already put up two of the newer Challenges, The £2 Housekeeping Challenge and I Love Saving Money - 2013, these will be joined by another complimentary Challenge that I will be working towards in the New Year.
 
The main push for us in this coming year is to save money, we have found what we would like to be our 'forever home', now we just have to have the finances to make it ours.  An offer is going in towards the end of January and we have our fingers firmly crossed that it will indeed be ours.  It would be a wonderful way to start a brand new year, with a brand new home to call our very own and to make this a reality we have to save like mad, we have a large deposit, but we will be pushing from day one of ownership to pay off the mortgage as soon as we possibly can, for only then can Lovely Hubby take partial retirement from work and we will both be truly living Our New Life in the Country.
 
So this Blog for coming year will be full of our many and varied ways of saving money and making money, of making what we have last and jettisoning all that was part of our old lives that we no longer feel the need to hold onto.  We are intending to simplify our lives as much as we possibly can in every way we can think of. 
 
It truly will be our 'Year of Less'.
 
Streamlining the Blog is my first little step, so read the pages (if you want to) before they vanish, if you haven't already  voted in the Dorset Cereal Blog Awards I would love it if you could nip over and vote today as that too will be deleted later on tomorrow.   A huge thank you to those of you who have already voted, I am truly grateful.
 
 
 
Thank you to everyone for reading over the course of the last year and in the years before that, and a huge welcome to those of you who have just found 'Our New Life in the Country', you are along for an interesting journey with us over the next 12 months, fasten your seatbelts.
 
Sue xx
 

30 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your loved ones a very healthy, happy and prosperous 2013. May this year bring everything you hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you. See you on the other side :o) Thanks for an entertaining blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 13 was my Nans lucky number - 2013 is going to be a brilliant year! Best Wishes and I'm sure that you will be on the move again very shortly into your lucky new home -Happy New Year Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you next year!

    Thank you Sue for sharing your life's journey with us :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Sue and LH. Looking forward to being along for the ride in 2013 and hope that your dreams for your forever home come true!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to spending 2013 with you! Can't wait to see your forever home. Have my fingers crossed that all runs smoothly. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seat belt fastened, waiting for take off!!! Thank you for sharing the ups and downs in life through your lovely blog. Wishing you both a very Happy New Year and hope your dreams come true! Kindest regards Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to have found your blog. Thanks for your support and I look forward to a full year of blogging company as we try to simplify our lives in 2013. The house news is very exciting. See you next year. Claire at Just a little less xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you and your family a Very Happy New Year and I hope that all of your hopes and dreams come true for you.......
    Personally for us its going to be a year of trying to get our lives back on track after an horrendous 2012 of which in many ways I/we will truly be grateful to see the back of.....
    So raise a glass to everyone and hoping that 2013 will be a good one!!!
    Love Jane xx♥xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a frugally rewarding New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New year, hope 2013 brings you all you hope for and that you continue to tackle all that life throws at you in your usual inspiring way. Like you we are hoping for a much better year next year, too much trauma going on here this year. Keep up your lovely blog and thankyou for being such a great companion in life's frugal adventures. All best wishes for 2013, xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My very best wishes to you and yours. I've loved your blogging entries and look forward to continuing to read them in 2013. Love and Light x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Sue and LH.
    I really hope it works out for you in 2013 and will be keeping everything crossed for the forever home. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! I can not wait to see what 2013 has in store for you and I really hope you manage to secure your forever home! That is our aim for 2013 too xx

    Happy New year xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have enjoyed you blog throughout this year and really do hope that 2013 is the year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Sue and LH! I really hope you get your forever home - I have EVERYTHING crossed for you!

    Here's to a fantastic 2013 for us all xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have greatly enjoyed your blog this year and you've made me think seriously about what I buy and spend - though I don't think I can aspire to your standards! So just to wish you both all the very best for 2013 - may you achieve your hearts' desire. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year Sue, hope all your dreams come true xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year Sue, hope all your dreams come true xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog - I'll be with you every step of the way! Best wishes to you and your hubby for 2013 x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I too enjoy your blog and wish you all the best for 2013.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you have a safe and Happy New year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year and thank you for all the inspiration you have given me since I started reading your blog a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  25. All the best for the new year & fingers crossed it all goes well with your new purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have a feeling that 2013 is going to be THE YEAR FOR YOU AND HUBBY!

    Thank you for being such a wonderful inspiration to me.

    AND IF YOU DO GET TO READ THIS-Please lets do the POUND A WEEK together, you would be a great buddy to lose the weight with.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're on!!

      I'll do weights and measures tomorrow - the first day of the New Year and we'll see just what we can do (and how light we'll be if we manage to lose 52lbs in the year).

      Sue xx

      Delete
    2. Oh, I am so thrilled!

      I will have to do all that when I get home tomorrow!

      Sft x

      Delete
  27. Happy new year sue and alan..thank you for your comforting email earlier on this year..may your new year bring you both all the happiness and joy you deserve.
    sara,fern,iris

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.