Sunday 15 June 2014

Father's Day

 
I was sat at the computer feeling increasingly maudlin, of which the dictionary definition is 'self-pityingly or tearfully sentimental'.  It's Fathers Day here in the UK and everywhere you look, both online and in shops and well just everywhere really there are messages for Dads, gifts for Dads etc etc.
 
Then suddenly there was a shout from Lovely Hubby who is putting up a run of rabbit-proof fencing in the paddock ..... "look out of the bedroom window".
 
The top picture is what I saw, and I managed to get almost over to her and record it for posterity before she moved.  Rosy was sat in the shade of Dad's tree.
 
 
Dad has had two presents this Fathers Day, the first was from me, this Veronica, 'Ulster Blue Dwarf' and the second .....
 
 
.... was from my darling girl, a freshly caught rabbit buried neatly next to mine.
 
I have dug it up now and returned the bed to it's former state, but she did it very neatly  .... and the thought was there!!
 
Sue xx
 


8 comments:

  1. I tried to comment on your post yesterday but Blogger was in a huff with me. I really like Dad's bed, it's a lovely tribute and the plants you've chosen for it are beautiful too. Acer griseum was my Dad's favourite tree. I planted one in our last garden and will do so here as well, as soon as I have cleared a suitable spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, I can't see your current posts or leave a comment x

      Delete
  2. How sweet,,,,, I love Rosy,, she is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a clever girl Rosy is. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.