Friday 13 August 2010

Aww....poor Sophie!!

We've just got back from the vets, the dogs were both getting their boosters, and then yesterday Sophie suddenly developed a limp and couldn't put any weight on her back left foot. Not that it stopped her running around the orchard like a dog possessed all the time I was feeding the pigs, something that has replaced running round and round the chicken enclosure, while I feed the chickens. Once she gets an obsession it sticks until another one comes along.
Anyway it turns out she has a broken toe......poor thing. So there's no walkies for her tonight and she is being kept in the house as much as we can while it starts healing a bit. She is on anti-inflamatories for a month, which should also help the arthritis in her front paws.
And still she keeps that lovely grin on her face.
~
Have a lovely weekend.
Back on Monday with news of of the latest addition to the farm.
~
Sue xx

10 comments:

  1. Oh no poor old toe. Looking foward to seeing the new addition !
    Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh - that sounds painful! My dog couldn't cope with no walkies!!! Hope Sophie gets fit and well soon.
    Love Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our half-Collie is obsessional too: it's lovable and maddening at the same time!

    Hope she mends quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your wee lassie recovers quickly. I have a pure black GSD also called Sophie who is obsessed with guarding me constantly, thus I call her Sophie Shadow! Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Sophie, get well soon, I'll try and get out and chase as many balls on your behalf over the next few days. You rest up and get back out there running soon.
    Love from George (currently resting after my run out this morning)
    ps - ask mum or dad if they will get you a sheepskin rug, that is my absolute favourite thing to sit on, peculiar maybe as I am a border collie too and should be more tuned in to chasing sheep than sleeping on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor dog but she doesn't look too unhappy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Sophie! A broken toe is painful! Hope she recovers quickly. I got your parcel tonight, I'm not long home. Thank you so much! It's wonderfully generous, and after what turned out to be a generally disastrous visit, it really cheered me up! Did you make the soap yourself? It smells divine!

    Sal. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the good wishes for Sophie, she absolutely refuses to take things easy and is out and about as I speak. She is staying at home for a rest though while we soot up the motorway to pick up our newest acquisition for the farm.

    Glad you got your parcel Sally, yes the soap is made here on the farm, one of the nicer uses I put the Aga to!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That should of course read 'shoot' up the motorway......our diesel fumes aren't THAT bad!! Lol.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the piggy photos and sorry about the dog's poor toe
    Kasren
    http://hensandthings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.