Saturday 20 September 2014

Our Changing Landscape and ..... Ooops, Another Spend Day

 
Our landscape is changing quite rapidly at the moment. 
 
The trees we planted earlier this year and looking strong and healthy, but at the moment it is the poly tunnel and net tunnel frames that are dominating the field and causing lots of neighbours to congratulate us on the amount of work we have achieved in the year since we bought this plot of Welsh hillside.
 
Yes, it was a year to the day on the 13th September that we got the keys to our forever home.  The first three months were spent travelling backwards and forwards between our rented house in Berkshire and our new home here, while we decorated throughout the house and got it all ready to move into.
 
 
Then the outdoor work started and it will be on-going for a long time, while we set up our full growing area.  The tunnels will not be covered, unfortunately, until the building work on the new garage and workshop is done and the driveway reorganised and tarmacked as we do not want to risk the polythene or net being damaged by any of the large machinery that will be on site.  But hopefully early in the new year they will be completed and I will be completely back in action planting the food for next year.

 
And why is 'Ooops, Another Spend Day', well this book landed on my doormat yesterday, pre-ordered and totally forgotten about.  Luckily I had money in my PayPal account due to selling some clothes and a handbag on Ebay recently (part of my push to carry on decluttering) so it was paid for from those funds.  So no cash out of my purse .....

 
... and what looks like a very good book to read through.

 
Hugh is my new bedtime reading, and very tasty he it is too.
 
Sue xx

14 comments:

  1. I really love the way his Hugh-ness cooks. Unlike many other cooks, he doesn't use masses of butter and cream, and he uses lots of fruit and veg.

    I received confirmation of dispatch of my copy of his latest book yesterday, and I seem to have accidentally ordered it twice, oh well, one will have to go back then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book seems right up my street at the moment too, he is cooking without dairy or wheat, most unusual for him. It looks great up to now, I'm about halfway through.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful view you have! Don't tempt me with anymore recipe books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so much better since he cut his hair! Almost handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks cleaner!!

      He had his change of image when he went vegetarian for a year, it worked a treat to promote his 'Veg' book :-)

      Delete
  4. I can't believe you have been there a year, such big changes! Well done both of you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, he's looking rather smart these days. I could make him my bedtime reading as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a lovely guy too, we've met him a few times now.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on all your hard work. You must be very pleased at the progress and probably anxious to get on to more, especially the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. Another book that I am just going to have to have..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Hugh fan. I think he's cute and his recipes are delicious. Quite a winning combination in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fan of Hugh too! Oh yes, he looks so much tastier these days........I expect the recipes are too!
    Doesn't time fly? Hard to believe that you have been there a year and so much done in that relatively short time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, I hope you celebrate the occasion and I don't mean the book arriving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done amazingly well since you have been there. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.