Wednesday 17 September 2014

My 23p Gourmet Pizza

 
Determined not to spend at all yesterday I rummaged through the freezer just before teatime and came across the boring little pizza above.  It cost me just 23p as a 'reduced to clear' bargain way back in May, bought during my '365 Days - £365' challenge.
 
But I couldn't just eat it like that now could I  ;-)
 
 
So two tubs of recently grated cheese were pulled from the fridge, a couple of teaspoons worth of Pesto was discovered lurking at the bottom of it's jar and I used a couple of the gorgeous Sundried Tomatoes gifted to us by Sarah on her recent visit as well as a few leaves plucked from the Basil plant on the kitchen window sill.

 
There ... now doesn't that look better!!

 
It tasted divine, so my 23p bargain pizza with odds and sods from around the kitchen made for a wonderful tea last night.  Yummy, yummy, yummy pizza in my tummy :-)
 
Sue xx

18 comments:

  1. It certainly looks more appetising in the last pic than the first! It's amazing what a little ingenuity can achieve isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor, I'm always a sucker for a good pizza! Bargainous food too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a pizza that looks like its died, to a pizza to die for! Yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, I admire your ingenuity in creating such a pizza. We had pizza last night also, but i a box from the grocery store. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to whisper this so no one hears me................I've never tried sun dried tomatoes........ok don't shout lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive often upgraded my pizzas like you have, so tasty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always have to add something to bought pizza I just can't resist :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always buy cheapy pizzas then add my made up topping that I freeze in small tubs. I keep some mozzarella in the freezer and with some grated cheddar its really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good, I have never eaten a pizza but I like the smell of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing what meal we can come up with when put to the test. Your pizza is a perfect example and it looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pizza looks very good! Unfortunately I can't eat tomatoes but Hell's Pizza make me a lovely small one using seafood mayonnaise instead, with smoked salmon, cream creese and capers ... I could have avocado as well, but it's too rich for me with them. Have you discovered what Poppy is up to yet?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually add something extra to the cheaper pizzas, I adore sundried tomatoes , they are my weakness at the moment, I buy them from lidl, and just eat out of the jar .

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've certainly made that pizza look more appetizing.. I've done this before with a cheap basic pizza :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I usually add bell peppers to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks very yummy Sue!

    ReplyDelete

  16. Glad you are enjoying the toms :) Pizza looks delish :) I dry my tomatoes in the Excalibur dehydrator - they are so versatile and can be turned into sun dried toms in oil ( but adding a spalsh of boiling water, and then after 10 mins soak some olive oil and herbs) or just add to dished to add a depth of richness and flavour - yummy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.