Sunday 7 September 2014

A Message from Mavis

 


Hello, my name is Mavis.
 
I know Mum has been posting about me for days now, ever since by magic I found myself back with her and Dad, and home again.  She's told me all about the lovely people that have been leaving messages all about me and today, I'm here to say THANK YOU.
 
 
Every night I curl up in my bed, it's the same bed I used to have.   I have always loved my bed, sometimes it's this one and sometimes it's the one right next to the big warm thing that Mum calls her Aga.  Now and again I sleep in the other bed that it is in the cooler room,  the room might be cooler but the lovely warm furry cat that sleeps in there cuddles up to me, and together we are warm.  I like curling up in a little ball, and I can now my tummy doesn't hurt any more.
 

 
I have something very special that Mum and Dad have done for me.  It keeps me safe and reminds me that I shouldn't run too far away in case I get lost again.  Even when this is on my collar I can go and climb on the back of the sofa to watch Dad in the field, I can get to my water dish for a nice cool drink, I can go outside and sit on the grass or lie in the shade by the plants, and watch Mum and the chickens.  If I get tired I can get to any of the beds that I fancy a snooze in.
 
Sometimes I get a bit tangled, and end up sitting next to the table because I have gone round and round in circles, but Mum is never far away and she comes and does the magic thing that makes the special lead long again and I can go and join my sisters on the doggy bed in the sunshine.
 
I am never left alone on this for more than a few minutes and because of it I can choose where I want to go, it makes me feel safe and stops Mum looking so worried.  I don't like it when Mum is worried. 
 
 
So I keep coming up to her ..... and telling her I love her with my eyes.
 
I'm using my eyes here to say to everyone of you that has thought about me, and cared about me enough to send nice comments to Mum, that I love you too.
 
I have so much love to give .... you can all have a little piece.
 
Mavis xx
 
 
 
 
" Do you think she's finished yet " .....
 

 
" I don't know but I'm getting ready to go out!! "
 
 
" We're all ready Mum .... where are you? "
 
 
 
Sue xx


37 comments:

  1. Sweet. She;s looking so much better. It's great to see her progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mavis, your post has brought tears to my eyes! Such a beautiful, beautiful girl - I'm so glad you're home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mavis, you are such a sweet girl! No wonder your Mum and Dad love you so much.

    I'm so glad you are feeling better and pleased that you are back where you belong.

    Sweet girl!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see her sweet little face looking so trusting, do my eyes deceive me or is Suki looking a bit more svelte, maybe she has been studying camera angles and knows which is her best side. It is wonderful to see them all home together again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at your post with my two grandsons who love Mavis, so glad to see normal life and happy doggy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous a good solution to keep Mavis safe. She looks so much better in such a short period of time and that photo of her looking up at you is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference a week makes Sue, the old Mavis is back home. Lovely pics of her and the rest of the pack. X x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sue
    So pleased that Mavis is getting better. The photos of her are lovely. I hope you'll all be very happy together.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's lovely. Safe & sound - we had to do the same with our wondering sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at that wee face!!! So glad you're happy and safe Mavis :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mavis is such a cutie and I'm so glad you got her back and she's safe and well again. All's well that ends well!

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best ever news to see Mavis so happy and back where she belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clever idea, that will keep her safe and sound. Her pictures made me think about how you did find her again, as if by magic. After all of her terrible experiences you walked back through the door to take her home where she is so loved. It must be like a dream to her at the moment.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mavis I am so happy to see you looking so much better you gorgeous little girl.....lots of love to you and your Mum and Dad-x-x-x-

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, you gorgeous girl, please ask Mummy to give you a big cuddle and some head bumps and nose kisses from me and The REAL Maple Syrup Mob xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huzzah! Mavis is home!! I missed your posts saying she had been found so it was a real delight to come across this. I am sure you are happy to have her back with you so lots of licks-and-purrs from the Feline Four here at the Dormousehold. Lovely that she is beginning to settle and feel safe again. We love Mavis!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww wee Mavis, we are glad that you found your way back home with your mum and dad. You enjoy your comfy naps girl - you've earned it. We love your love eyes.

    Julie and Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sue, I don't know you or Mavis but from what I read here, but you made me cry again. How someone
    could even hurt this sweet baby makes me want to use a bat on them. Hope Mavis feels more secure,
    and you never have that worried look again. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely post,Sue...so glad Mavis is back home and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is so sweet. I'm so glad by some miracle she's back with you. She looks great after a week.
    Thanks Mavis, for telling us all those sweet things.:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweetheart you are Mavis, we are so happy that you are home where you belong.
    You are a lucky girl, but you know that already.
    You are looking beautiful.
    Love from Pam in Texas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for that. Mavis is a little darling.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Being so busy lately I missed your post saying that she'd returned. I read this and actually cried, I'm so, so pleased for you and Mavis xx looking forward to many more pictures of her x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Sue, she is looking tons better and is starting to get that sparkle back in her eyes. Well done you and well done Mavis.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Mavis......what beautiful eyes you have - no wonder your Mom drove more than half way across the country to bring you home - Mavis you're one little sweetheart! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely post, I love to hear about all your doggies, are you stopping a four ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were supposed to be getting another Border Collie when Lovely Hubby gives up his day job, but now we will have to see. Four is a handful on my own, five might be cope-able with two of us!!

      Delete
  27. aw she is so cute. she is looking so much better already!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sue, what is the red 'dog line' called and where can I buy one? The chain which came with our soil spear is very rough and sharp, in fact it tore right through a pair of my trousers as I approached our dogs and got it wrapped round me. I would like to replace the chain with the sort of thing you have for Mavis. Thanks. She looks much better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Pets at Home. We got one with the spike for the garden and the other we bought separately, it is 3 metres longer and allows her more access. It is really good like a tough reinforced clothes line, nice and smooth and untangles very easily. Well worth the money.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sue - I will definitely buy a couple of these (2 dogs) before we go camping next time. I may even buy the sort of spike you have - our soil spear isn't strong enough. However, I have no intention of ever going to another campsite with hens and ducks running up to the tent. Just too much for our dogs!

      Delete
  29. We love you too Mavis..lots of warm hugs from all of us..
    sara,fern,iris

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mavis, you look gorgeous & we are all so glad you are back home where you belong. Lots of love to you little lady.

    It's hard to believe Mavis has only been back with you a week, she looks like a different dog already.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are just gorgeous, Mavis & of course we all love you!
    My how well you are looking now.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loves & kisses to you dear Mavis... Glad you are home and safe and sound !!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely post.....actually got a bit teary with the photo of Mavis' gorgeous face and "loving" eyes.....!! its wonderful to see her progress.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.