Thursday 24 February 2011

Ooop...Forgot the Challenge!!

~
Not forgot to do it....just forgot to write about it on here.
~
Shopping (or the lack of it) went really well last week, the only things I bought were milk, fruit and veg. Oh, then I accidently went in the Charity Shop and spied a book by Nigel Slater that I didn't have for only a pound so I had to get that. Then of course were the bandages needed for Lovely Hubbys ankle but that was a very necessary purchase.
~
Then I had an email voucher for a BOGOF meal at the garden centre and as it was on the way back from where we where picking up the chickens from on Friday it seemed silly not to make use of it. Big mistake I think everyone had got vouchers and the queue was horrendous, but once you promise LH a free meal he is determined to have it so we joined the queue. Not bad food, would have been even better if it had been hot!!
~
So at the end of the week I had spent a total of £29.50, not bad at all....and £40.50 went into Spotty Jug.
~
Tea last night was yummy!! What do you do when you have just a quarter of a head of Brocolli, why you dig some home grown Cauliflower out of the freezer to keep it company....
~
...pour over a bit of Philedelphia soft cheese mixed with milk. sprinkle on some breadcrumbs mixed with grated Cheddar (again from the freezer) and pop in the oven for 25 minutes. Result!!
~
~
Oh.....and if you're married to a carnivore. roast a slice of dead Irish cow (oops sorry...I mean best Irish Rump Steak, half price at the 'bad place' this week), and some mushrooms!
~
It looks like the picture at the top before it goes into the oven, I didn't have time to take a photo when it came out we just got stuck in......yummy, and extremely cheap and nutricious as well, what more can you ask.
~
Sue xx

4 comments:

  1. hi sue ,it all looks delicious to me =D
    lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. Half term is costing me a fortune in cafe meals ! I could do with a few vouchers. Off to the cinema with the teens plus boy from next door sigh... another cafe lunch !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The challenge is going REALLY well food wise but next shop I have to buy the expensive stuff (for a vegan anyway) bar soap, liquid soap, shower gel etc.
    I'm keeping check of how much is being saved and it's pretty exciting!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue
    Oh I love that you're being thrifty with the grocery shopping, as that's just what we're doing too! This week we've eaten from the cupboard and freezer - it's amazing what's there when you look, eh? We're also working to get back into our thrifty grocery ways - the last few weeks have been so busy with family stuff that our routine went awry.
    Have a lovely weekend, and thanks for your comment about the sideboard ;-)
    D x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.