Saturday 10 September 2016

Daily Pickings



I don't remember planting any yellow tomatoes, but I've got lots of them .... and they are lovely big, sweet and tasty tomatoes too.  When they first started growing on the plants I was waiting for them to turn red and then I had a 'der' moment and realised they were never going to do that.

We are still harvesting an unusual amount of Blueberries from our last remaining fruiting bush, the other two finished about a month ago, it really has been a bumper year for Blueberries.  It must have  perked them up no end moving them into bigger pots with fresh compost and then popping them over into the Net tunnel where the only insects they are harbouring are the spiders that make their webs from one side of the tunnel to the other using the central Blueberry plants as a support.


I open freeze each picking and then tip them into the boxes in the freezer when they are frozen, which means I can just grab a handful at a time when I need to add them to a recipe.

I'm off over to the tunnel in a bit to get some more tomatoes for tea, it's Mediterranean Veg for tea tonight .... yummy ... but of course I should call it Welsh Veg as it was virtually all grown here :-)

Sue xx








11 comments:

  1. I know I planted 3 red and 3 yellow tomatoes. All yellow, so maybe the wrong seeds in the red packet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some surprise yellow tomatoes too and did exactly the same =- waited for ripening only for it to dawn that they weren't going to! I'm sure I only sowed Gardener's Delight of the baby variety but...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks very yummy Sue - actually I am not a great meat-eater and could happily make my meal out of fresh veg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photograph of your harvest Sue. I've got back yesterday afternoon from a short break in England, and stepped out briefly in the garden - there are blueberries for the picking and lots of cherry tomatoes. I agree its a bumper year for blueberries, i have never harvested so much off on bush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your veg are doing very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother always told me that yellow tomatoes are less acidic, so it's yellow ones for me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's looks like the makings of a lovely healthy meal. My sister in law is growing black tomatoes and they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious. I have never had to open freeze my blueberries. I pour them into pint containers dry, and they come out easily when I need a handful for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great little harvest that. I'd love to plant stuff, and then after a day like today where I had no energy to do anything, well I don't know how I could.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I don't grow anything myself (apt. dweller with no outside space) but you have still inspired me. Peppers of all colours are very, very cheap at the moment so I've bought a ton, washed, dried and sliced them into strips and then open froze them as you do and packed them into zip loc bags. All the smaller bits and pieces were chopped up, mixed and packed into small bags with some chopped onions (each bag = 1 Cup) and then these have been frozen as well for a quick addition as needed. I know I'll be glad I did this when the price goes back up to $4/lb.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.