Wednesday 17 November 2010

This time last year......

Maud and Martha
~
This time last year Maud and Martha were cute little piggies just able to reach into their troughs comfortably, now they both weigh around 27 stone and throw the troughs around like they were paper aeroplanes!
~
Martha
~
All the pigs are doing well at the moment, we currently have ten, eight girls and two boys, lots of babies are due around Christmas time, so soon, hopefully, that number will massively go up!!
~
The first babies due on the farm are the chicks....due next week, if all has been going well with the incubator, I'm going to 'candle' the eggs later and see how many are viable.
~
Have a good day, and I hope it's a bit warmer where you are than it is here. When we woke to to no frost we expected it to be warmer, but the wind is icy. I had the ear flap down on my hat for the doggie walk this morning!!
~
Sue xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh you are going to busy with babies very soon :)

    I've not ventured far yet this morning but it is very cold out there :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, cold here too!
    Can't quite believe it has been a year already, love the litte piglet photo trying to get in the feed trough!
    How exciting the next few weeks are going to be for you, looking forward to hearing all about the new arrivals as they appear!!
    Take care
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you going to do with all the babies? We are finding the food is horrendously expensive at the moment - what about you?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recently discovered your blog and I think it's fantastic that you're living the farm life...in fact, I'm a little jealous.
    I also recently started to watch Giles and Sue Live the Good Life and I've been thoroughly enjoying it. The concept is slightly different of course because they're trying to recreate the TV series The Good Life in a London semi. But they have got goats and hens and recently they received pigs. The most impressive part I found was that when Sue stroked the pigs backs, their tails would straighten out and then curl back up again. It was possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life and Martha and Maud are so adorable that I needed to comment and let you know that I think they're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always a treat to catch up with you and life in the country! It is cold here on Oregon's high desert too. Snowing on the mountains and the skiers are thrilled! I thought of you yesterday as I reached into a closet and smelled the lavender sachet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.