Monday 28 June 2010

Caldwell Has Found His Doodle!!

Caldwell with Nellie, the New Hampshire Red.
Yes, at last Caldwell, the little Lavender Pekin Bantam cockerel has found his 'Doodle'. Since he was twelve weeks old he has been 'Cock a Do-ing', but last week for the first time he 'Cock a Doodle Do-od'.
# Well worth waiting for, I love the little sound he makes, I love
that he fluffs up his feathers and jumps on the chair to do it, and the fact that he does it bang on 6.45am is a bonus, although with his volume, earlier wouldn't matter! #
Caldwell's ladies (from left to right) - Isabel, Little Lucy, Alice and Prudence. We feel like a 'proper' farm with our very own cockerel crowing every morning, funny how the littlest thing can add so much pleasure! Sue xx

7 comments:

  1. now I'm singing " Cock a Doodle Doo -The maid has lost her shoe ..." etc etc
    Bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he has found his doodle Sue and I love your cowavan in the last post! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- not sure how I found your blog but so pleased I have- it's great!

    We have a doodle-doing chicken (DEF not a cockerel) so we have the best of both worlds- early morning alarm call with eggs ready for breakfast!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good old Caldwell - our cockerel manages a cock a doodle do ... but then trails off with a 'oh, what's the point...' type sound. Makes me smile every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...there are other types of Doodles out there...I've been enlightened...yeah ALL Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad Caldwell found his 'doodle'....lucky ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.