Sunday 4 April 2010

Happy Easter from all at the Farm

I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter break, I've just nipped on to the computer for five minutes while LH makes his getaway with the trailer. If I don't stay in with little Rosy while he does this she runs after him all the way to the village.
#
Yesterday morning was spent at a Craft Fair in Wheatley and a lovely friendly little fair it was too, with lots of people needing advice about lavender, eczema and babies not sleeping. I surprise myself sometimes with the words of wisdom that come out of my mouth. I have obviously absorbed lots of information since I've been dealing with lavender and herbs, it's nice to be able to share it with other people.
#
A good little seller were my jars of little heart shaped guest soaps in assorted 'flavours'. When I got back to the farm it was back to business in the polytunnel, and that's where I am today. I have just finished planting 159 sweetcorn seeds and the next crop of radishes.
#
Also this morning I thinned out the beetroots and filled lots more pots with compost ready for this afternoons planting. Lovely Hubby is picking up a load of very well rotted manure to put in our last three raised beds, which he has spent the morning filling around with hardcore to bring the level of the ground up to the same as the others.
#
Now me and Jason are off to put down the membrane around the beds and then we can top it all off with bark chippings and then, at last, the beds at the back of the house will be finished and ready for planting.
#
Hope your Easter is turning out just the way you want it. Mine is.....I have four Easter eggs to chomp my way through!!
#
Sue xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, and Happy Easter from everyone here. Might be checking back in the summer for some of those baby-soothing herbals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Sue & Lovely Hubby - we have just got in from a very muddy walk in the new forest. We took Sam for a short distance & he fell into a puddle so has had a warm bath & Jess is drying him with the hair dryer.
    Dillon lies down in the puddles - he is drying off on a mound of newspaper as he will be in the river or sea tomorrow so no point in bathing him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four eggs?! I didn't get any :(

    I've FINALLY been outside today and dug over my little veggie patch. And tomorrow, if it's fine, I will be digging over the border where the potatoes go. I was going to dig in some muck, but I'm not sure my back can take much more digging so the veggies may have to manage without. I do have all the liquid from the wormery though, so I shall feed them with that frequently, that should help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A happy Easter to you too hon.
    I spent the day sorting out the small peoples bedrooms as I was home alone with no where to go so needed to keep myself busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter to you Sue, enjoy those eggs!
    The jars of soap look lovely, glad you had a good fair
    Take care
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue, Spring is a long time coming to central Oregon! Fifteen degrees what is average for early April! Snow being dumped on our ski mountain ~ much to the delight of all the skiers...including my grandchildren and daughter! So all is not lost. I am ready for budding trees and flowers! And outdoor walking weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not surprised that your jars of guest soaps sell well - they look lovely. I've been in the garden today and could do with a soothing lavender bath! That's a lot of sweetcorn sowing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue.. Hope you had a great Easter.. judging by the photo of hubby, I think you must of had a pretty hectic one..

    I just love the little jars of soaps so very cute.. I must look in your shop :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.