Friday 3 January 2014

365 Days - 365 Pounds








We've been having a few Internet problems, due we think mainly to the really bad weather, all seems sorted now but Lovely Hubby needs the main computer for most of the next couple of days to do our end of quarter accounts, not his favourite job in the world but a very necessary one if you have your own business.

Leaving him to it upstairs in the office, means that I have commandeered the old laptop and am sat in the rather chilly conservatory struggling with it, I will go and get a cardi in a minute to warm me up before my fingers go blue!!  This dinosaur of a computer means blogging in any normal way is limited and time consuming, for a start certain letters are, and always have been, swapped with each other for example if you want a '@' you have to hit a capital 2, there is NO pound sign hence the word pound in the title of this post when the idea of it is to introduce my brand new Blog to you all .... which rather frustratingly (at the moment) has a pound sign in the title!! 

There are actually no posts on it yet, there should have been once for each of the last two days but having no internet connection has meant that they will be forever missing, but the two main pages have been set up and I thought while I am absent you could have a little read and find out all about my brand new Challenge for 2014.

I don't know if I can actually do it, whilst I was dreaming it up I went from absolute certainty that I could to horror that I would even try.  But if nothing else I am a trier and it will cost me nothing to give it a go, so in the optimistic frame of mind that I usually have and that is present at the moment I will give it my best shot. 

Use this  link -  http://365days365pounds.blogspot.co.uk/  to nip over and have a read if you are interested, and I would be very interested in your opinions on the idea.  There are at the moment just the two pages that explain the concept and plans behind the Challenge 'My Aim for This Year' and Rules and Extras', this should give you a good idea of my plans.

  A bit more work will be done to the new Blog when I can get at it, a blog list of some of the Blogs that have inspired me for instance and any other links you may think should be there.  My mind is blank at the moment and full of frustration at this bl**dy dinosaur of a laptop (yay .... the ** were in the right place) so for now I am signing off and going out to clean out the henhouse .... at least I know where the chicken shit is!!

Sue xx

27 comments:

  1. That`s one heck of a challenge! Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Sue I shall follow your challenge but it seems a little hardcore for me, perhaps when the boys move out in a few years time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this challenge Sue! If anyone can do it, you can - good luck! Will be reading with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your internet Sue. Please don't get too chilly-put that cardi on! This is a great challenge which I know you will do really well in.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, meant to say that I know the mortgage overpayment will spur you on!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great challenge Sue, I look forward to reading the new blog. I've started a new challenge too. Like you, I'm not 100% sure I will make it, but I'm going to give it a damn good try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what a brilliant challenge! Im really looking forward to your making this happen. Thanks to you Ive started a sealed pot of my own (and am WAY to excited about it!). Loving the look of the new blog and am really looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally inspiring Sue. Look forward to reading your progress and cheering you on xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that 1 pound per person per day Sue? (I also dont have a pound symbol on my ozzie laptop!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's £1 per day for food, the only food that is outside the remit of the Challenge as stated in my 'rules' is meat as I don't eat it at all, I am generously sharing all other foodstuffs with my man :-)

      So it really is £365 for 365 days not £730 for 365 days as it would be for two of us.

      Delete
  10. I love the idea, do you mind if I have a go? I aim to save £2014 in 2014 and this will make it so possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all if you have a go, it will be brilliant to have someone doing it too, we can inspire each other ..... or cry over the endless plain omelettes and pasta ;-)

      Delete
  11. Roaring with laughter at your last sentence - hope the mucking out helped to release some frustration after all that typing on the dodgy keyboard! I shall hop over and look at the new blog now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh it was SO frustrating by the end of the post ... to make matters worse the 'D' started jumping off every time I pressed it, I was dreading any word containing one!!

      Delete
  12. Wow, that is an amazingly challenging challenge!
    I cannot wait to follow your progress - I am sure it will inspire me to save some of our food money towards our savings goals too!
    I am just creating a blogroll page on my new website - I will add a link to both of your sites as I want to keep up to date with them.
    Good luck xx
    Stacey at Mortgage Free Journey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge, I will be following along with interest :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's some challenge! I'm sure though that if anyone can accomplish this it is you. Good luck, I will be rooting for you and following with interest. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh just another thing, my blog is now self hosted so its just www.mortgagefreejourney.co.uk (no BlogSpot anymore). If you could update your blogroll with my new address you will see my new posts :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a challenging challenge. Think I will join you, if you dont mind. But it will have to be $2 a day because of exchange rates. I dont know if I will be able to do it as food is way dearer here in NZ than in the UK. I have been tinkering with vegetarianism so this will definitely encourage me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is quite the challenge but I'm sure you'll give it a good go. I'm looking forward to reading about how you do. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great challenge Sue - can't wait to watch your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like an interesting challenge, will head over and have a read.
    On the keyboard thing, have you tried switching the language? Not sure if you know that already or if it won't work because it's such an old machine. I got my laptop in Australia, for example, so it also has @ above 2 etc. but since I have the language now set to ENG UK, when I type on those keys, I get what I would on a "normal" keyboard. Only really works if you can touch type well enough to not need to look at the keys but it's not that difficult as there aren't that many differences. I have the same problem in work sometimes when, for no particular reason (but really 'cos I've hit a certain key combination by accident, always when using PowerPoint), the language changes from DE to ENG US. I'll be typing away merrily and all of a sudden strange things start happening, the Y and Z are switched again and that kind of thing. Might be worth a try anyway - depends on how frustrating you find it, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck with your challenge! Our internet is up and running again after 48 hours of being down. Spent 50 minutes on the phone listening to dreadful music waiting for call centre to deal with it!!! The entire village had no internet connection for almost 2 days. Keep warm x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best of luck I have added this to my daily reads ! Happy new Year Sue .

    ReplyDelete
  22. Chicken shit?
    Don't tell me about chicken shit
    13 coops cleaned out this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so glad that you are starting a blog. I wish more people would do it. It is such a fantastic way to share experiences with others and discuss bigger topics. I am still amazed that I can have a philosophical discussion with a man in Russia before I have my morning coffee. How the times have changed things.

    Steven @ Cambridge Local Marketing

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.