Thursday 4 December 2014

Morning Rainbow


I walked round the paddock with the dogs this morning, hands in pockets, head down, miles away in thought, while the dogs ran here, there and everywhere and in Charleys' case ate as many rabbit droppings as she could find, and then suddenly I looked up .....


... I'm so glad I did, and that I had my phone in my pocket.  I don't know where this rainbow came from, there had been no rain and the early morning red sky was just merging into the grey/blue of the day to come, but was beautiful.


The reason I had my phone with me was to take some shots of the conservatory and it's progress.


It's coming on wonderfully, each day sees us a little bit nearer to being once again closed off from the elements.


I'll be glad when it's all finished, but at least I guess we are over half way there now.


Advent Challenge - Day 4

Another smaller thing today.  But if someone somewhere can make good use of this sieve (maybe to sieve the lumps out of their Christmas gravy), and it makes a few pence for the charity shop then it's better than it hanging on my rack unused.  I had a set of three, and I've never had reason to use this medium sized one, so off it goes.

Sue xx

14 comments:

  1. Ha, I have just bought one of them! Still can't wait to see how the ceiling is going to fit to close you off from the elements, going to look very nice methinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering that myself !! It looked so misleading how the wooden bits were in place, but it has all just made sense and I will take some more photos to go on the Blog tomorrow. to try and show how the gaps have been filled in.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pics of the rainbow!
    Not long until you are all cozy again!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until it's all finished and we can put our table back up. It's been hard with no table OR breakfast bar as the freezer is pushed up against it, so only one person can sit there at a time, great for when I'm here alone, but not for us both to eat breakfast or lunch).

      Delete
  3. What a lovely sight, you live a a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know .... and we appreciate it so much.

      Delete
  4. wow the building works are going really quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fact that one of the main builders is our neighbour AND they all know that if the work is finished in time they will get paid before Christmas is a good driving force ;-)

      Delete
  5. How lucky to catch the moment like that, not even the tiniest bit of sun here to make a rainbow today. Lights on all day. Your conservatory is looking good, I like the overhang making a veranda?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely lucky, I don't usually have my phone in my pocket. It really is the darkest time of the year isn't it as we head towards the shortest day.

      Delete
  6. I love to see how you are eliminating clutter, and it gets me in the mood to do the same. Where to start? Glad things are progressing on your addition. Looks great already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where to start? Start small, open a drawer and go through the contents, it get very addictive seeing things go. And enjoy it, knowing you are tidying, decluttering AND hopefully doing some good gives you a nice happy feeling.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It was wasn't it, and it came out of nowhere and vanished just as quickly. I was extremely lucky to have my phone in my pocket to capture it for prosperity.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.