Monday 8 December 2014

Bagels and Vegetables


Our favourite bagels were on special offer in T*sco the other day so I got us a couple of packs.  They were sliced in half and then re-bagged and frozen as is my way,  I was going to save them for Christmas week breakfasts, but this morning we succumbed to temptation and had a couple each.


I'm being naughty at the moment and not eating enough veggies, I have phases like that, with me it tends to be either all or nothing.  I really must do better, but sometimes it's just so easy to have fish and chips and miss off the peas, or have pie and mash and miss off the cabbage or the carrots.  How lazy is that!!

As I said I must do better, perhaps a veggie curry tonight will get me back on the straight and narrow.


Advent Challenge - Day 8

Just a small red heart shaped bowl.  I love heart shaped bowls but I have a set of three white ones and white is our preferred choice for all crockery now.  So this red one is off to the charity shop in the next carrier bag full of donations.

Sue xx

5 comments:

  1. I haven't had bagels for years, I was thinking about having some with cream cheese and salmon, I love the way you cut and divide everthing up before freezing, I must start doing this to save wasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you I always cut my bagels before freezing now. I used to find a whole one too much in the morning, and so you'r tip has saved me calories and cash! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting the bagels first, brilliant. It's the simple things that make the difference, thanks for the tip Sue.

    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely heart giveaway that someone is really going to enjoy. I love veggies as well, but I'm a big meat eater from growing up in farm country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I could do better with more veg consumption, too. My biggest downfall is my home made bread, often eaten fresh from the oven. Not very good for the stomach, but I do love it slathered in good butter. Too much toast and bread has been consumed with lashings of soups lately, so I also have to reign myself in a bit before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.