Saturday 6 December 2014

It's Starting to Look a Lot Like Christmas


It's starting to look a lot like Christmas, well I suppose it is only a couple of weeks away now ....how did that happen?

The supermarkets are full of folk buying their Christmassy stuff, with trolleys piled high with Christmassy goodies, junk foods and lots of big plastic children's toys.  If it's like this now WHAT is it going to be like in the week before Christmas ...


... and will we be all Christmassed out by then?


Advent Challenge - Day 6

A beautiful, handmade dark wood and highly polished wardrobe.  It's been in the family for years and I have carefully checked that no one wants it before offering it up on Streetbank, the very organisation that initiated this Challenge.  A local lady has been in touch to say she would be delighted to have it and if she gets back in touch in the next couple of days it will be hers.

Sue xx

14 comments:

  1. Its great when things we no longer want or need find a new home and a new lease of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Too much codeine! I meant to say it was incredibly generous of you, it's a handsome wardrobe and I'm not sure I'd let it go x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wardrobe is beautiful..and its manic in the shops..thankfully we have cut back on everything this year..but we seem to be more excited..wether its because we have more time or just plain old fun with the family..not sure..i am just glad i don't have to go to and fight my way through the crowds..
    sara,fern,iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean! Was in our local card shop the other day and it was crazy! If that's what it's like on a weekday afternoon this early in December I dread to think what it will be like in a couple of weeks. People are mad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I did my gift shopping early too. I feel much more relaxed about it all this year now that all I need to buy is food. I'm stocking up slowly but not going mad about it. The more we buy, the more I eat and regret it later. Must watch the waistline...must watch the waistline... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If ever you want to give away one of your F & M Hampers, I have my hand up !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous wardrobe, you are generous.
    twiggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very generous Sue, if some one can rehome it and use it, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's kind of hard to part with things especially that were "in the family for years". I've seen my girls rework someting that has been around in my mind for years, and what a great way to move it forward. Nice give away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a lovely piece of furniture Sue, I'm sure the person that re homes it will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very generous of you. Last year I gave away an Art Deco armoire. I just had no space for it. It's very freeing to move things on so someone else can treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had the wardrobe!
    How very kind you are!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.