Thursday 4 February 2016

Prezzies Through the Post


Since we've cut right back on our spending during our year of 'Living Without' the postman hasn't called very often.  What he has brought has been bills, circulars, the odd building control certificate of compliance and well, lots of really boring stuff .... except for the occasional highlights of the Radio Times and other magazines bought on subscription last year.  There have been no exciting Amazon parcels with books for me, no surprise deliveries of things that Lovely Hubby has ordered from Ebay or Amazon and forgotten to tell me about.

So when he knocked yesterday and the dogs did their customary bark for all your worth and run from door to door to try and get to the intruder with the red jacket before Mum does thing I was pretty surprised.  And look what he had that wouldn't fit through the letterbox!!

 A regular reader and blogging buddy Veronique sent me a lovely present, well assortment of presents actually, all packaged in the snazziest of padded envelopes.


She's been having a good sort out and declutter during an enforced period of time off work after what sounds like a very scary and traumatic accident and the problems resulting from it.  And even though she's been so poorly herself she thought of me, how lovely is that :-)

She wrote me a nice chatty letter and enclosed some of my favourite toiletries, a how clever of her to remember that these are my absolute all time favourites, and one of the few perfumed products that my sensitive skin can cope with.   There was also a nice padded mat so I can put all my preserves on the worktop with their damp bases after bottling, and a book that looks like it should make for an excellent read.  I have heard of it but do not have it in my, ahem ... rather large book collection.


Lovely gifts, but what is even more important to me a lovely thought from a long time reader that I have considered as a real blogging buddy for quite a while.

I do hope you are feeling much better now Veronique and THANK YOU for your lovely gifts.


And Suky says 'hello' to Isabelle.

Sue xx


17 comments:

  1. How wonderful and especially so, because it was a surprise and your friend is unwell herself. A true friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful x what a lovely person x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise, and I have that book in my now-not-as-large-as-it-was-packed-in-boxes book collection and it is a good read - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than a surprise gift package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely, so nice to get a surprise parcel, enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely...Let us know what you think of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your gifts, what a lovely buddy to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG SO CUTE
    -Isabelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely and thoughtful gift. How kind.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely!! Always nice to receive goodies in the post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very lovely to receive post - especially pressie post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous presents - it's so lovely when something unexpected arrives, isn't it? When it's not for Christmas, an anniversary or a birthday.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great and thoughtful surprise! And there I was, thinking that I am the only one who says "snazzy"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was given this book a couple of Christmases back and really enjoyed it. I hope you do too : )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.