Wednesday 24 February 2016

Bad Timings and Blue Skies


Well I got my timings totally wrong this morning.  It was very cold but fresh first thing, the sun was just coming out and it looked like it was about to be a splendid morning, so after doggy breakfast and a lap of the paddock we piled into the car and drove to West Shore in Llandudno for a doggy walk along the front.

Just as I drove through Deganwy the rain started falling, wipers on and teeth gritted I drove on.  We got there piled out of the car and head down walked into the bitterly cold wind and rain.  I always prefer to do it this way then when you are heading back to the car at least the wind is behind you and not in your face. We walked from one end to the other, sniffing benches and lamp-posts all the way ... the dogs that is not me, I was just sniffing with the cold  ;-)

We headed towards the shelter where there is a row of benches. I had plans to stand for a while and warm my hands in my pockets while the dogs had a sniff around.  No sooner were we under cover than the rain stopped so we set off again for the walk back to the car and in a flash it started raining again and then to make matters even worse it started hail stoning.

Once back at the car I gave the dogs a perfunctory wipe over with their towel and chucked them onto the back seat ..... then the sun came out!!

It's sod's law isn't it, now we are back home, I still have the sniffles and the view from the office window is the one above. blue skies, white fluffy clouds and sunshine.  The washing will be on the line in half an hour, the damp dogs are sleeping off their soggy walk in wet Llandudno, and I'm sat at the computer .... still sniffing..


I was looking back over previous February's photographs on the computer to compare weather, which turned out to be pretty similar to this months actually, and came across this photo of Mavis, one of my favourites.


I also came across this one.  I was baffled at first by the tape grid system in the paddock ....



 ... and then I realised it was us laying out the plan for the Veggie Patch, I remember Suky hurdling over the tapes as she ran down the hill.

Sue xx

26 comments:

  1. Sods law indeed Sue. Gorgeous photo of Mavis doesn't she look proud and gorgeous. dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did then ... this was just before she ran off and was picked up by the b*stards that mistreated and abused her ... I just can't get her back to looking like this photo :-(

      Delete
    2. Very sad, but thank goodness you got her back. Hopefully patience and time and love will heal her.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think we've had every type of weather today!!

      Delete
  3. I thought the grid might have been for some impromptu dog dressage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just the way Suky used it, it was really fun to watch her, she loved it. Funnily enough I was trying to persuade Lovely Hubby to make some little doggy hurdles for her only the other day :-)

      Delete
  4. I bet it was a very bracing walk by the sea (really cold here in Stockport this morning). At least you can say you got out and about and I bet the dogs loved it despite the weather. Love the photo of Mavis. In fact I love every photo of Mavis and even though you don't think she looks quite the same, I think she always looks happy and content (and very pretty) and is indeed very well looked after. Kind regards, Louise S, Cheshire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dog was taken and mistreated? That's awful, some people.... I'm so glad you got her back and she's well loved again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See here for Mavis's story -

      http://ournewlifeinthecountry.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/my-one-thousand-mile-weekend.html

      And if you click the link at the bottom of that post you will go right back to her very first rescue. Mavis is our 'twice rescue pup'.

      Delete
  6. It is a lovely photo of Mavis... At least she is safe and well with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking at photos of our garden a year ago. This year we have a very poor display of crocuses in comparison. Fingers crossed for tulip season. Daffs are performing though. A computer record is useful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sort of thing is always happening to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been sunshine and snow here!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. we had snow this morning, with the met office forecast of<5% precipitation!! Why us,with a shed to put up!! Like you,the sun came out,thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had a tiny snow shower which lasted about two minutes Sue - otherwise bitterly cold but sunny day - and most importantly - drying up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely bad timing. That is a lovely photo of Mavis, can see why it's a favourite of yours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bum! That's a nightmare for the weather. We have had sunshine all day here but I've been inside doing stuff - at least I could have the window open.
    Mavis is just such a little treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We went out for lunch, brilliant sunshine all the way there, as soon as we drove onto the car park, hailstones!
    Glorious sunshine almost all the time we were in the restaurant, opened the door to walk out.....you've guessed it...hailstones!
    By the time we'd driven half a mile down the road, brilliant sunshine again....aaarrrggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Help please I was reading your other blog about not buying stuff and I can't remember what it was called ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Year Without .... there is a link on the sidebar right at the top on this blog for easy reference. Or use this - http://ayearwithoutclothesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  16. Now I have a vision of a lady sniffing lamp posts as her dogs look on! hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is funny how you can look at one of your own photos and either not remember what it is of, or why you took it or where it is isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.