Friday 7 March 2014

Another Book ......

 
Highly appropriate that on World Book Day yesterday I should get another new book!!
 
I had pre-ordered this last August and for some reason known only to themselves Amazon had decided to send it to our old address even though they know my new address and have been using it quite happily for the last three months.  But it doesn't matter now I have at last got my hands on this lovely new book written by fellow Blogger Jack Monroe.

 
And I have to say it was well worth waiting for !!

 
There are lots of lovely recipes, some brilliant photos, including some absolutely delightful ones of her son 'Small Boy'.
 
I'm only about half way through up to now and am thoroughly enjoying saying 'must give that a try', 'ooh must have a go at that', etc etc.  I've put a direct link to the Amazon page at the top of the sidebar if anyone else is tempted to get their hands on a copy.  It's at a really good price at the moment.
 
It's already on my bedside table ready for a spot more reading tonight and I notice from the comments yesterday that I am not the only one that reads cookery books in bed :-)
 
Sue xx

17 comments:

  1. She is a real inspiration isn't she? I may well have to spend some of my amazon vouchers on this.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea to give Jack's book a whole post, wish I had thought of that

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must try the Pork Kokkinisto on page 172. We had it for dinner last night and it was absolutely delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen it but I have to wait until the end of April.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have it on order from the library and will copy down any recipes I like. I never buy cookery books new as they always turn up in charity shops eventually. Saving me some money. ( Still saving for my red retro radio!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go on her Blog you would be able to copy and paste and then print out the recipes you want, they are nearly all in the book.

      Delete
  6. I got mine from sainbury last week and really enjoyed reading it :) I am going to use some of the recipes at my LFHW demos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Book People are carrying it too at £4.99 for the paperback or £8.99 for the ebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cook books where you want to cook all the recipes. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is my guilty pleasure this month - I really didn't need another cookbook, but I wanted lots of jack's recipes in one easy to use place, and I wanted to support Jack's endeavours and encourage her, so I bought myself one when I found it on publication day in the supermarket. I did have it on my amazon wishlist, but it was the same price at the time, so I just got it - and I am so pleased I did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I`ve seen this book in the shops last week, but found the price a bit too high for my pocket. Can`t warrant spending £23 on a cookery book for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's says £7 on amazon but postage if you spend less than £10

      Delete
    2. There should be nowhere that it will be £23. The cover RRP is only £12.99 and it is on offer in most of the supermarkets for below £7 and on Amazon for £7 new or £4.99 second hand.

      Delete
    3. Must have a look in Sainsbury`s then. They might well have it cheaper. Thanks for that tip. I had seen the book for £23 in one of Brighton`s main book stores called Borders.

      Delete
  11. I've heard her on Woman's Hour a couple of times. She sounds like a very down to earth person.
    Always reading room for a good budget cookbook!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am pleased that Jack is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.