This weekend we spent a lot of time improving things or tarting the place up a bit.
We decided the oil tank sat on the hill , completely visible from the main road is not a good thing so some trellis went up to disguise it a bit.
Lovely Hubby somehow managed to get the tank of creosote up there too and sat that on it's homemade tilted trestle next to the oil tank. It did mean draining out many buckets full of the stuff and then pouring them back in once the barrel was in it's final resting place. Good game, good game!!
We've planted a couple of Clematis and a Jasmine to grow up and around the trellis to give a bit of colour as well as screening to the area. We are trying to put flowering shrubs and plants in wherever we can with the long term view that they will provide food for our bees in the future when we get the hives.
I think he's done a really neat job and it will look great once things start growing.
While he was working up there I managed to talk him into putting up a washing line for me, one hook on the side of the shed and the other on a post at the side of the oil tank. I think it was me threatening to put a hook in the fascia board of the house that finally made him spring into action with this one. As Lovely Hubby said it would most likely pull all the fascia boards down if I had towels flapping in the strong winds we get here.
Time I think to get some washing on and go and try out the line for the first time, you just can't beat towels and bedding that have dried in the warmth of the lovely sunny days we have been getting recently.