Thursday 5 May 2016

Coffee Break Posting



I'm busy, busy, busy today but I thought I would just do a quick post to let you know that Lovely Hubby's head is healing up quite well and he is working hard to keep it clean and dry as per the nurses instructions.  So there's been no swimming for him this week!!

This is what he was making and getting into position when he had his not so little accident.


He tried it out first under the cover of the garage as it was raining on assembly day, then later when the sun came out he put it into position at the bottom corner of the paddock, bashing in the posts to keep it in place .... and then you know what happened.

What is it?

It's a large muck holder, like a giant compost bin only for rotting down horse manure and barn scrapings .... handy for throwing the chicken house muck in each day on my way past too.  Once it's full it will be covered with a tarpaulin and left to heat up and do it's stuff.

This has been my coffee break off to do some more weeding now  :-(

Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. Have only just read of Lovely Hubby's accident and very glad he is on the mend. Very impressed by his huge muck collection bin! (yes, I hoard muck too for my allotments, but not in quite such a grand structure) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, if you cover the muck pile do you get maggots ? Do flies get in there and lay eggs ? My friend had a compost bin, only put in veggies stuff and found maggots.
    And as I am not a farmer is this used on the plants and fields ?
    Happy to hear the Hubby's head is healing.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.