Tuesday 3 May 2016

Not For the Squeamish


The gatepost piggy is wearing Lovely Hubby's hard hat ....  if only he had been wearing it a little bit earlier he wouldn't have done this ....


... it's deep, even deeper than it looks on this photo.  
He was almost concussed but managed to stay sat on the grass until he recovered enough to come to the house and tell me what he'd done.  I couldn't have missed the fact that he'd hurt himself he had blood everywhere.

Image result for fence post knocker inner


How did he do this  ... well he was using one of these, a post knocker inner thingy to get the posts in to hold up his new  large manure holder/compost bin style thing, and on the forceful downward stroke he got it a smidge wrong and it hit the edge of the post and bounced back right on top of his head.

OUCH!! 

When I Googled the words 'post knocker inner' to get you this image guess what there were lots of on the same page ....

Image result for fence post knocker inner

... photos of our chickens!

Image result for fence post knocker inner

Lots of shots of our chickens ...


 ... how weird is that!!


Image result for fence post knocker inner

And one of our paddock before the Veggie Patch was there or the polytunnel ... I understand why this photo was there, this is the tracter with the post knocker inner thing attached from when we had all the paddock fencing done!

His head is healing very nicely now and although he refused to go to A&E for the stitches that he should have had, he did eventually get it checked out while he was at the Dr's last week and was told to carry on keeping it clean and dry.

He banged it again a couple of days after doing it ... he was only wearing his flat cap for protection, hence he was finally persuaded to dig out his hard hat and wear that for any jobs where there was anything over his head that he could bang it on.

Sue xx

29 comments:

  1. I hope he is ok, is he going to the doctor? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good job I've had my tea. Nasty! Always wear safety equipment - it's there for a reason. Hope it heals soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, no good having a safety helmet if you aren't going to wear it- naughty lad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH OUCH and another OUCH.
    A warning to all blokes who don't bother with protective gear I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that hurt! Glad all's well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch it looks nasty. I sliced my finger today cleaning the greenhouse. When you're DIY ing or gardening there's always a chance if doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that looks nasty! Hope he's doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch. Maybe you should buy some butterfly stitches or Superglue for your first aid kit. My son bashed his head in a similar way and the hospital superglued his head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh heck, looks very sore. I hope you kissed it better ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your husband is OK and will be all healed very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch! That looks very painful! Hope it heals well and he learns to wear protective gear in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Owww! That'd hurt! He really did need sutures in that - of course by the time he saw the doctor it was way too late to do anything - the healing had begun, but it will be fragile for AGES as it isn't drawn together .... but that's men for you, isn't it!! Bless is right - a hard hat would've saved him ... and protective glasses while we're at it, shall we! Poor man - it'll be a headachy few days for him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ye gads that is painful to look at, throbbing head too I shouldn't wonder. THis is why I do no DIY things

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blimey !
    Better bookmark this for when Bert starts ramming fence posts again. Although he never lifts the whole thing off before smacking it down again.
    Hope he heals soon. xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that looks terrible, "the right tool for the job at hand" should have included the hard hat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ouch!! I'm so glad that there wasn't any permanent damage to your lovely hubby. Get better soon, LH! I bet that still smarts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yikes! I hope that heals quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ouch indeed, but glad its healing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor man, get well soon. I've refused to replace the buckled ladders after hubby's accident (he fell off the top of them and ended up in hospital with lots of stitches!). The ladders were ruined too x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ouch, I'll bet he saw stars for awhile. Downunder we call your "post knocker inner" a dropper knocker. It makes a hell of a loud sound, ear muffs should be worn, but of course my bloke wears neither hard hat, not ear protection unless he can see that I'm watching. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eeeuw, I bet that smarts. Hope he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What is it with men? Do they honestly think safety equipment is made just for the fun of it?
    I thought my DH was bad, but he's an amateur compared to your LH!
    Glad he's okay, and hope he's learned his lesson (although I doubt it)!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good gravy girl, it's a wonder he was able to make it to the house. How many stitches? I'm always afraid something like this will happen to Eddie and try to go with him when he's working away from the house!! Take care and make sure he does!

    ReplyDelete
  24. They're a bugger for it. Never see day light between the top of the post and knocker I was always taught. I always worry about my teeth more than anything but that is a nasty cut!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Heads take forever to heal. And mine just wouldn't, so I had surgery and am now sporting a lovely bald spot. Please watch it carefully. He has my utmost sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Criticising blokes for not wearing Safety Equipment to bang in some fence posts is like criticising girls for not wearing an apron to make tea! I applaud your husband's stoicism too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :-)

      I wouldn't mind so much but his line of work includes safety training!!

      Delete
  27. Ow, that looks painful! It could have gone into his face, or his teeth, or even his eye(s)! Life can be changed in the blink of an eye can't it, we never know what's around the corner. Hope he's feeling better now

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.