Tuesday 21 July 2015

Relaxing Weekend - Part Two ... and I Bought Lovely Hubby a Car !!


I couldn't leave you in the lurch after calling yesterday's post Part One, so here's what else we did on Saturday.

We went to Nuffield Place, just five miles up the road from Grey's Court.  It was totally different, but equally magical.  This time it was all about the house.  The home of Lord Nuffield, founder of the Morris Car Company and the most 'normal' rich man ever.  It was like visiting your Great Aunt's house, comfortable and pretty, with everything laid out as though they had literally just nipped out for the day and we were left to browse around.

As you can see from the top picture we have fun when we're out and about, the house greeter loved us playing with the car and came out to chat with a big smile on his face.  I wish I had a photo from the other side :-)


There were no rules here about taking photos of the interior of the house, so we did.


Testing for comfort :-)


Would they notice if I took the wrong car home?


I think they would ... so I bought Lovely Hubby a car all of his own, he chose this one.

He seemed to have dropped a plum in the bag with it, I found it when I got home ... something else to try to germinate.  What better souvenir of a wonderful day out than Cherry and Plum trees.

Sorry if this has been as boring as looking at granny's holiday snaps ... but this is what memories are made of.

Sue xx



17 comments:

  1. I love looking at your photos and they are certainly not boring . I hope all your souvenir seeds flourish . The trees would be such a splendid momento . I do enjoy looking at holiday snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes...I'd love to see a pic from the other side!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , it took me a minute to work that one out too

      Delete
  3. Crafty photo ;0)
    I like all types of souvenirs especially those that may grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you're having a lovely trip, my husband would be happy with the car too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ThIs is not boring at all. It's lovely seeing you out and about. The house is gorgeous and airy. So unlike many stately homes. My mum had a Morris minor. She named it Elsie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. Just been talking about visiting these 2 properties, after seeing the photos we will. A friend had recommended the Nuffield Place. great you had a lovely visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not boring at all. Hope the plum and cherry grow for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a fun outing and not at all boring, and what a fabulous car.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My car when I was a student was a Moggy Minor Traveller, she was named 'Daisy May', as in 'Daisy may work today, or she may not'! I loved her, and kept her even when I got a new car, she was just such a part of me! I made enquiries about having her restored to her original glory, but I wanted a 3 litre engine fitted, just for the fun of it. Unfortunately a 3 litre would have torn her to pieces, she'd have had to be rebuilt from the ground up, even the chassis wouldn't have taken the strain of all that power! It was a shame though, it would have been great seeing 'boy racers' sneering at little old Daisy, then roaring off and leaving them eating her dust trail! She's in a motor museum now, I donated her on condition that they kept her and loved her, and so far they've honoured the deal, so I go to visit her occasionally, just to reminisce!
    It looks as though you had a lovely weekend, and a well deserved break from all your groundworks! We head south quite often as there are so many more National Trust places down there, it means we get more value from our memberships!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, reminds me of the little Porche car my hubby's mom bought him for Christmas one year. Sits on a shelf instead of the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to do a double take at that top photo. Another gorgeous place and lovely pics too. Loving hubby's new car! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the noise a moggy makes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard one for years, I've seen a few tootling around the roads mostly on sunny Sunday afternoons but never close enough to hear :-)

      Delete
  13. Boring? Never...Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.