Monday 23 April 2012

My Sunshine Award



I've been given a lovely award by Mrs Thrifty from New Beginnings, thank you!! 

And here are my responses to the questions.

1. Favourite Colour - that would have to be green, that lovely shade of retro green that adorns so many houses in Oxfordshire and has followed us on our furniture and fixtures and fittings to Berkshire.

2.  Favourite Animal - that would be cat, I have always had cats.  Ranging in number from one when I was little (I got Bluey for my first birthday) to four now.  The numbers go up and down and but there is always room in my house for one more cat.  My internet nickname is 'sue15cat', but I don't think I will ever get that many!!

3.  Favourite Number - that would have to be 13, it's a number that has cropped up time and time again in our family.  My Mum was born on the 13th, married on the13th.  Both my parents, and me and my first husband were married after 13 months of 'courting'.  Dad died 13 days after Mum's birthday and since his death it's cropped up even more.  We were sat eating a meal together in a restaurant to celebrate my birthday when we suddenly realised that our table was number 13, Dad was with us!!  We're never spooked it's always comforting.

4.  Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink - Coffee   (Fave Alcoholic drink - Cider)

5.  Facebook or Twitter - I do both, but I would have to say Facebook is the favourite, as that's how I can keep in touch with our families who are spread out all over the UK.

6.  What's my Passion - That would be a triple one - Reading, Planting and fresh air.  When I've finished planting and gardening and I can sit outside with a good book or magazine and drink coffee I am in heaven!

7.  Giving or Receiving -  I like to give, I don't need anything at the moment and I hate surprises, so giving me something is slightly dangerous!!

8.  Favourite Pattern - Paisley, I love it.  A close second would be spots.

9.  Favourite Day - Sunday, it's a day for relaxing , for doing what you want and what you need to do.  When people that do work and people that don't work are usually all off and can visit each other or phone each other and reconnect.  I hate that it seems to have morphed into a National Shopping Day.  With folks pouring into shops and malls to spend their hard earned cash on things they don't really need and making shops need employees working and not having time with their families.

10. Favourite Flower - Primrose.  I was born on Primrose Day in 1960 and the little friendly flower has popped up over and over again in my life and my family's.  Where we live at the moment there are so many wild and cultivated little Primrose plants it's as though this place was waiting for me. 

Mum was hunting for some Primroses to accompany Dad's coffin, to be a little sea of simplicity in amongst all the big sprays of lemon and white flowers we had chosen, and though she searched far and wide through the florists of Manchester she couldn't get hold of any.  Then she went to water the Primulas I bought her for her birthday and in amongst them was a little Primrose in the tenderest shade of lemon.  It was quickly potted up in a lovely white pot and took centre stage in the church.

*** *** ***
Thank you again Mrs Thrifty for passing this Award to me.  Although this is officially an Award and Tag Free Blog I have loved joining in and would like to pass it to anyone who would like to have a go.

Sue xx

4 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed learning more about you and your family Sue x And your approach to the number 13, is refreshing. Over the years, I have come to like the colour green, dark green in my case. I was interested to note that you like the paisley pattern. I do too, but never really thought about it until your post. Do you know its supposed to be a mango seed?

    Anyway, congrats on the recognition by fellow blogger Mrs Thrifty. Your blog is real life x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to receive a Sunshine Award, you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is such an inspiration that I just had to pass it on. We put primroses on Mr Thrifty's Dad's coffin a couple of years back - they are so simple and beautiful - a great choice xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to read those Sue. Thanks for the grass sewing tips xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.