Monday 30 November 2015

Christmas in December


Christmas in December, that's all I really ask for.  

Walking round Asda a few weeks ago, just into November I found myself singing along to the merry strains of Jingle Bells.  It took a minute or two for my brain to register the wrongness of this.  Looking around me though I could see exactly why they were playing this music.  For the first time the 'Seasonal' aisle was bustling with people filling their trolleys with selection boxes, Christmas sweets and tins of biscuits.  I wonder how many of them got home and thought "what are we going to have for tea tonight then".


My first Christmas purchase was this jar of candy canes last week.  I don't eat much sweet stuff these days but every Christmas I am partial to a box of candy canes.  I was going to resist this year, honest ....  indeed I did until the other day when while I was in Home bargains there were these candy canes at on a shelf in a jar that matches my large pasta jar (I just need to see if I can scratch 'Sweet Things' off the front of it), for the same price as the candy canes you get in the cardboard boxes..



I had to buy them ..... for the jar you do understand don't you   ;-)


The picture of the Pug in the top photo is a card Mum bought me ages ago, it usually sits on the shelf in the kitchen making me smile every single day, I just had to pop it next to the candy canes for the photo it just looked so right!!

Sue xx

16 comments:

  1. I am like you I do love a nice jar, I thought of you the other evening, there was an advert, can't remember what it was for but it had 2 little dogs a pug and another it reminded me of Suky and Mavis x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw the one you mean, we were whizzing through the adverts (we record most things we watch) and stopped and went back to watch an advert with a Pug and a Jack Russell, and nope .. I can't remember what it was for either!!

      Delete
    2. Funnily enough I think it's for Asda. X

      Delete
    3. Brilliant - Thank you :-)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your . . . . jar! That photo makes me laugh, too - that little dog looks so pee'd off with having to wear a silly hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pug looks SO like Suky that me and Mum have been trawling charity shops trying to find a little knitted hat to try and replicate the picture for ourselves :-)

      Delete
  3. Aaaaaaaand, what happened to the rule of getting rid of 'stuff'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I neeeeeeeded the jar ;-)

      Wait until tomorrow and you will see that I AM still getting rid of stuff!!

      Delete
  4. I love a good jar. I always buy a couple of boxes of candy canes. they don't generally get eaten, the odd one by the boys but I just love them for decorating. I have a serious thing about red and white at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all get swayed by impulse buys from time to time. At least you have a nice jar.
    I wrote on my blog about getting the Christmas decorations out today. Well, I took two boxes from under the stairs and thought "what the heck ? It's still November ! ". I left them in my craft room and might rummage through them later on but the tree won't go up just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've bought things before just for the container although I would have been more easily persuaded for some candy canes. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that in Home Bargains yesterday and liked the look of the jar, but I don't like sweets so wasn't tempted. I also thought of Mavis and Suky when I saw the Asda advert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha .... it's Asda the advert is it, thank you for ending the query :-)

      Delete
  8. Lovely jar, I love a candy cane! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You bought more stuff??? I certainly understand that one. My daughter gave me an apothecary jar recently for my Kuerig cups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We understand! I was in Sainsburys today and there were people clearing out the Christmas decorations aisle, on the first of December! I hope that no one else wants to decorate their home or tree! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.