Sunday 19 April 2015

My Birthday Treat


Today is my birthday, I'll not tell you my age but I'll give you a clue ... it starts with a five and ends with a five (and there's nothing in the middle).

We've been away for the weekend as a special treat, (we still are away ... the posts of the last couple of days and this one are being published automatically), we left on Friday and will be back home on Monday.  The Jacks are in kennels and Suky is with us, loving the one to one time as usual. We have family house sitting, so everything is safe and secure at home, and we can relax.

We are staying in what Lovely Hubby has christened 'The Hobbit House', isn't it lovely.  He told me to book anything I wanted to for my birthday and I chose this.

It's real name is Pontbrenmydyr and it's a National Trust cottage near Ceredigion in West Wales on the edge of Llanerchaeron parkland, and while we stay there we have complete access to the grounds and Llanerchaeron house free of charge, which being National Trust members we would have had anyway.


It looks nice and cosy, these pictures are from the booking site.


My kind of kitchen :-)


Looks lovely!


Simple but lovely.

I'll take some more pictures while we are there and compare them to these.  I just hope we don't come back with too many bumps we've been warned the doorways are low .... so if my memory starts to go I'll blame the bumps to my head acquired on my birthday weekend and not my new grand old age ;-)

Back soon.

Sue xx

31 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Sue....we share an age as well as name! That cottage looks like it could be your second home.....lovely homely cottage, simply furnished and decorated (just not green!). Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great Birthday, today! Amazing cottage! It's such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy birthday!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Birthday Girl. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful birthday break (now I know why hubby is called 'Lovely Hubby'), especially knowing everything is in safe hands back at the ranch! :-) Best wishes. CMW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful birthday - and lots more of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, a nice treat is always welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! It's my daughters today as well! Are you 110?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! Have an amazing birthday Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a lovely time, it looks stunning, five years older than me, I hope I look as good as you when I get there xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Sue, you are still 5 years younger than me. Enjoy your lovely break, the cottage looks fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hobbit house looks fabulous. Enjoy. Hope you have a fantastic day xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a very Happy Birthday. What a lovely treat - it looks lovely. A friend asked me how old I am and I had to work it out! As I said to her, I stopped counting ages ago x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Happy Birthday to You!! Hope you have a lovely stay in the Hobbit House :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday - I am sure you had a WONDERFUL one, staying there. We know Llanachaeron well (it is wonderful come Christmas). What a lovely place to stay, and not too far from home for travelling. I hope you got to the seaside too (and perhaps had some Honey ice cream at Aberaeron.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. have a wonderful birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a wonderful birthday and weekend. What a nice break!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks simple and cosy, hope you've had a great time. Happy birthday Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Many happy returns. 1960 was a damn good vintage, I "catch up" with you in a month's time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very happy birthday, Sue. I bet you are having a super time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday Sue! The hobbit house looks lovely. Enjoy your birthday weekend! Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday!
    The cottage is really cute..looks so cosy.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday, and the cottage looks comfy for hobbits and their human friends.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday, Sue!
    I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday Sue! The cottage looks lovely, hope you're having a fantastic weekend away.
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Sue. In 7 months to the day I will join in celebrating, 1960 was such a good year

    I hope you have a wonderful time away

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy birthday! The cottage does indeed look lovely and hopefully you've had wonderful weather to enjoy the beauty of Ceredigion too :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy belated birthday. Glad you had an enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy birthday, what a lovely place to stay, hope you had a great time away :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.