Tuesday 7 April 2015

A Cake and a Half


We worked really hard this weekend, in amongst doggy walks, ordering materials for the front splay work and house cleaning we moved around 50 wheelbarrow loads of chippings, weeded and replenished the front flower beds, chopped wood, tidied the driveway ready for this weeks deliveries, unearthed and cleaned out the little Broody House so we are ready for the new chicks arrival and planted lots of seeds in the polytunnel.

So I thought we deserved a treat.

I had bought a punnet of strawberries, they were Spanish but they looked good and I was tempted.  It's not long now until good old British strawberries hit the shops and the raised beds, but spying these in the shop made me succumb  :-)

After seeing Lovely Hubby drooling over a black forest gateau in Debenhams cafe, when we called in for a coffee to thaw out our hands, after a long freezing cold doggy walk along the prom in Llandudno first thing in the morning, I decided to oomph up the strawberries and cream a little bit.


So with it being Easter and chocolate just having to be brought into the occasion somehow, I whipped up a quick chocolate sponge cake and layered everything up and up and up.  It's looks luscious doesn't it .... but I can hear you saying greedy sods, such a whopping cake for two people.


But looks can be deceiving, spin the plate round and my secret is revealed.

It's not a cake and a half .... it's half a cake !!


Weight-loss Monday

Yes, I know it's Tuesday but after this super busy weekend my body is telling me it's Friday so to get here on Tuesday for weight-loss Monday is pretty good ;-)

Somehow after helping eat some of the cake I am blessed to be able to reveal this weeks weight loss.

  Just lb ... but hey ho, to lose a whole pound since last week after scoffing chocolate cake, strawberries and cream is a minor miracle.  I'm happy.

Sue xx



18 comments:

  1. That cake looks delicious!! Well done with the weight loss, as long as it's not going up its a success. I had to send my scales back, I could no longer kid myself that I only weighed 2st, I had to face the fact that they where faulty!!!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To step on and see 2st must be so weird .... although at least you know for sure they are wonky!!

      Delete
  2. That half cake made me smile!! Well done on losing a pound. Slow n steady is best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've put on a stone looking at that cream even if it is half a cake! Actually I often do half cakes too. I bake the normal two tins but freeze one half and make half a cake with the other half

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous looking cake. With all the physical, manual jobs you do Sue, I think you will burn off any calories in an instant as you never seem to sit down!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dieting to lose baby weight years ago, i was glad to lose 2oz in a week after hitting a brick wall for a few months so every little helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Super cake! That looks mega delicious, Sue. Well done on losing the pound, every little helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cake and, no doubt, delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cake and well deserved after all that work. Well done on the weight loss too, being active and pushing those barrows helps I find :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious bit of strawberries. Wonderful dessert, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forget what day it is after a bank holiday. The cake looks wonderful. Half a cake half the calories ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent I lost another 2!



    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm salivating! That cake looks so good. I have some strawberries in the fridge and I'm scheming something similar. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Sue! Mmm, now I want strawberries and cream. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. It may only be half a cake but I bet it tasted as good as a whole one! It certainly looks good x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a gorgeous looking cake! I think I gained the pound you lost, just by looking at that cake!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.