Thursday 13 February 2014

A Spash of Colour and Pattern

 
Those of you who said wallpapering the other day were perfectly right of course!!
 
Oooh look I've just spotted Ginger the cat sat on the table in the background, he knows he's not allowed on there, naughty puss I have the evidence now.
 
 
Yesterday's post about my Perfect Life interrupted the flow a bit but I did get on with the papering when I said I would.  I dug out my wallpapering accessories, they may look new but they have been in action in three different houses and are my tried and trusted decorating aids, everything I need along with a damp cloth and my well used paste table.

 
I had bought three rolls of wallpaper when our local Homebase in Reading shut down suddenly, they were selling off all the wallpapers at just £1 a roll, how could I resist.  I picked three that I like best, all different but I had very definite ideas in mind.   I have been collecting wallpaper samples for ages and these would boost the amount I had as well as being used in specific areas of the house first.

 
This one was destined for the hall, just to add a splash of colour and pattern in what is our very white house.  Just three strips hung here and two in a little area on the landing as you come down the return of the stairs and we have enough colour and pattern to satisfy my eye.  The good thing that is with a single roll of wallpaper we can completely change the look whenever we feel the urge. 

 
For now though I am very happy with the result and with a couple of our little wooden treasures, a stone off the beach collected on a lovely doggy walk and a beautiful little shell the look is complete.
 
A little bit of colour delights the soul.
 
Sue xx

19 comments:

  1. Very fresh and colourful, I like it!
    Does it make the space look a little bigger do you think?
    As for Ginger, he knows he'll get away with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely I think it makes the area bigger too, I have been browsing wallpapers for a similar treatment in the bedrooms but there's not a lot of choice out there at the moment. Ds would like one of those phot wall posters but am worried he will outgrow it i love the rock we have a bowl of shells and pebbles from our beach walks

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good.
    We did something similar in our hallway last year - we just papered the wall at the top of the stairs. It was enough to add some interest to a very plain ' room' and I picked up the wallpaper design on a seat cover I made for the chair which I have in the hallway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice wallpaper Sue. Simple and elegant. I like it! But then I love that green too :)

    Have a lovely day. Take care.
    Rw

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference just papering that small area makes! It looks lovely Sue !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does make such a difference, it looks very welcoming x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly makes a difference and it has almost the exact shade of green that you like as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fab, really changes the whole area. You have such a good eye. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our kitchen window sill is covered with pebbles, seashells, interesting pieces of driftwood etc from our walks on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a transformation. it looks lovely. lovely little touches like the stone and shell make it a well loved home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great. I only paint here, firstly I've never wallpapered so I'm a bit frightened to have a go and secondly painted walls are so much easier to wash down with shaking wet dogs and clumsy children!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a similar pattern in my hall though mine is red.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the wallpaper. It looks fabulous on your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is lovely and cheerful !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a good idea to use it so that you only need one roll to change it all. Doing something like that means that you can completely change your look very easily. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The touches of green in the pattern are perfect to tie in with your other green painted areas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the green touches. Why am I not surprised that your decorating tools are green? Thanks for sharing.
    On a different note does anyone know what's happened to My Beautiful LIfe? Hope she's OK, the blogroll shows new posts, but the link says the blog has been removed, any news anyone? I'm hoping all is well with FM & sending hugs & best wishes, Vee x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.