Tuesday 8 July 2014

Flowers and Jigsaws

 
The flowers I picked from the garden for the Gardening Club competition lasted for over two weeks, this is them looking fresh as a pin after a week.  I did have to take out a couple of more delicate 'wild flowers' but the rest were brilliant.
 
Yesterday they went into the compost bin and have been replaced with my usual jug of mint, but this time I couldn't resist sneaking in a couple of sprigs of prettiness :-)

 
Something that didn't last as long was this jigsaw, I did it in just over a week which is a record for me. I just do a little bit here and a little bit there.  I find it impossible to not be occupied at all but sitting still looking out jigsaw pieces is a bit too sedentary for me so it really was done in fits and starts.
 
Now I'm getting all ambitious and starting one we got from the car boot sale for 50p ... it has 1000 pieces, I wonder if it will ever be finished?
 
We need a stack of jigsaws for some something we are doing in the future and the only way to check if they are intact is to do them as we get them, so I do need to get on.  I know if I'm faced with a huge pile to do all at once it simply won't happen!!
 
Sue xx
 
 

13 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous arrangement Sue. What are the pink flowers centre bottom, cosmos?
    It's lovely having flowers in the house and I'm tempted to do more of it here after yesterday's inaugural 'distress' vase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could be, sorry I'm not a flower gardener, I'm a veggie girl. I could do with you visiting and putting labels on everything we inherited with the house, mind you even then Rosy has a habit of pinching labels when the fancy takes her :-)

      Delete
  2. Hello, your flowers are so pretty. Your blog is interesting and I will be stopping by as we too will be moving to the country in a few months time. It will be good to pick up some tips. Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exiting times ahead for you then, pop by whenever you can :-)

      Delete
  3. I DO like that arrangement! Here, any flowers indoors are considered salad (not by me!)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well tell Chris to leave them alone ... he's a naughty boy!! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Sue, can I come help you with the jigsaw puzzle? I love, love, love them.... but if I put one up, I can't leave it alone, and my husband can hardly get my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome anytime, I think it's going to take quite a while with this 1000 piece one, it could be going straight back to a car boot sale if I get frustrated with it.

      Delete
  5. Your flower arrangement looks great, and the view out the window is to die for! I used to do jigsaws with my maternal grandmother when I was a little girl. My mothers house has a large fold-away table under the rafters of the upper floor. My dad built it many years ago to give my sister and me a large table in the attic room we could use for home works and art works. But, there was usually a large jigsaw laid out for a few weeks that me and my grandmother would work on together in the afternoons of a Saturday, or on a rainy Sunday. Haven`t had a jigsaw since those days. Now I`m the grandma, so maybe I should start doing them again with my own granddaughter, in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time to become crafty, Sue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers, and what a view behind them! Wonderful x2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your flower arrangement - and the vase (jug) you've put them in.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.