Wednesday 11 December 2013

Painting Almost Done

 
 We've almost reached the end of the painting, it's been a long hard slog with every room needing it's ceiling doing, two coats of paint on the walls and all the woodwork gloss painted, but at last, thank goodness, the end is in sight.

 
Lovely Hubby did the first coat on the walls in the conservatory last weekend.   We didn't get around to assembling the new henhouse as I originally said we would, which hopefully will be done this weekend instead, otherwise the chickens who are coming with us next week will have nowhere to sleep, instead we decided to concentrate on the inside of our house rather than the hens!!
 
 
Telling him he looked like he was worshipping his paint tray on the first picture he decided to actually do it on this one :-)
 
It's all looking very bare and clean in the conservatory now a completely different story to how it was before,  we used it as our store for all things DIY and without a place of their own.
 
 
The kitchen however, is a different kettle of fish, the worktops keep filling up with all the bits and pieces we are using over the course of each day and it's an on-going struggle to make space to eat every now and then, but one that we do do otherwise it will all get out of hand. 
 
In the brown paper box is my surprise Christmas present from LH, delivered to the house last week, I have no idea what it is .... but it doesn't rattle at all, is quite lightweight and smells of nothing in particular ;-)


Little finishing touches are being added all around.
 

 
I'm in two minds whether to paint the little gate that stops the dogs from going upstairs or leave it 'rustic' as it matches the carpet so well.  The dogs by the way do not seem at all bothered that they have no access to the upstairs, they sneak up for a peek every now and then when the gate is left open when our arms are too full to be able to close it behind us, but finding no doggy toys up there or nothing of interest they usually come down without even being asked.

 
Our lovely new mirror has now gone up on the bedroom wall, as well as the lampshade that we have brought with us from the bungalow, it matches the bedside lamps we already have and looks just as good with the new curtains here as it did with the ones back home.   Hopefully our king sized bed will fit on this weeks trailer load so we can finally sleep in our own bedroom rather than the guest room.
 
  LH has a friend coming round tonight to help load the trailer with some of our heavier items and is hoping to phone around some of our new contacts at the other end to help with the unloading.  So I better get off the computer now and go and get some more packing and shifting done in readiness.
 
It's nice to know that we're on target for our Christmas move.
 
Sue xx
 


19 comments:

  1. It's all looking very clean and tidy but I'm sure you will both be SO glad to lay down your paintbrushes for the last time. I am The Decorator in our house, and so I know how it feels!

    That shade of green you are using seems "the" colour in Wilko''s at the moment - they have it in all their furnishings and soft fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your LH to mind his knees!
    Oh a mystery parcel- lovely, will you be able to wait 2 weeks to open it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue,

    I posted your parcel today so you should get it by the weekend, its to be signed for. I have lost too many valuable things in the post not to get a signature, so at least I can claim if it does go missing.

    Have a good weekend.

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I look forward to getting it, I'll let you know as soon as I can. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm so pleased and excited for you both! It looks fabulous! You've worked so hard for this time in your life!

    Take care lovely people. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking lovely - I bet you can hardly wait to get in properly now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good ... I do so like that shade of green.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking good Sue! The box would be too much temptation for me - I wonder what it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried all my wily wiles but he's not telling. It's very cruel leaving it sat there tempting me, don't you think!!

      Delete
  8. Nearly there and soon you will be living there full time, how exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, its all comming together nicely, well done with all of your hard work. I love the doggie gate. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is all looking great. I like the dog gate just as it is…as you say, it matches the carpet rather well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm getting hooked on that shade of green too!
    I like the dog gate in 'rustic' best.
    Good luck with the move! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. With that wall...the conservatory is going to look and feel cozy but bright eh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are really making the place your own. I need to get the old paintbrush out. DP laid some 'oak' flooring this year and had to take the architraves off in three doorways to do it. They haven't gone back on yet, and of course all the paintwork needs redoing.
    We, well the Royal we, it's mainly DP, are pushing out the back of the kitchen by 4 metres. It will mean that we have somewhere for a dining table and I will be able to ask people round for dinner. I'm sure no one else minds but me, but it does put me off asking people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on all your hard work. It will be a great Christmas for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have worked so hard, its looking lovely.
    Like other readers, I love the shade of green/
    Pam in TX.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. When you've done, I could do with a hand here.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ...... she says falling on the floor in exhaustion, you have no hope of ever seeing me with a paintbrush in my hand again!

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.