Sunday 7 April 2013

The Year of Less - Car Booting

 
 
We're just back from the first Car Boot sale of the season and boy does it feel good to have come home with such a clear boot.  We took the big truck and filled it with all the sorting I have been doing over the Winter and lots that Mum had sorted out for us too.  There were lots of big boxes both plastic and cardboard all filled to capacity with bits and pieces that we no longer need.
 
I had sorted through all my crafting supplies and priced everything up.  We got good prices for everything we took and came back with only a couple of boxes with stuff in.  These have now been put in the Man Shed until the next car boot next month, the cardboard boxes were all added to the bonfire that we have just lit to burn garden rubbish and the empty plastic storage boxes and clothes hangers have been brought back into the house to fill with more things for next time.
 
During this 'Year of Less' it feels brilliant to have made such an impact on the clutter in our house in the space of one day. 
 
And even better we have over £300 to add to our house fund ....... we're happy :-)
 
 
Sue xx


19 comments:

  1. Well done! The thought of car booting terrifies me...I have seen all of the pushing and shoving that goes on locally... I have a boot full of clutter as well, but it will go to the local CS, it is less stressful, although less economical ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well done you. We visited our local car boot today (didnt stand) as it was the first of the season. Didnt see much, there is still a bit of snow around so was a bit cold, spent less than £10. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great profit! We did a car boot today too but didn't make anywhere as much as that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog. The very best of luck looking for your perfect house :)

    Glad to hear you had a good day today, £300 at one car boot is great! I have been to one today too but buying not selling x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great result. All of your decluttering has been worth it. I've done car boots in the past a couple of times but have never taken anything like your total. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to a car boot sale...don't think they had them in the UK when we lived there, and they don't have them here.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! thats a fantastic amount to have raised in one day, every pound is a step nearer to your dream home.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Great Job! £300! WOW wow!!!! I am actually scared of doing a car boot. we did one previously and before we even got the boot open people swarmed us. I was so unprepared, I have never even been to one to buy anything. I didn't even know what prices to ask.

    So I think you have done amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes that's brilliant Sue! An amazing amount to raise.

    Your dream house total must be looking really healthy and the clutter busting must feel fantastic.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow
    what a fantastic amount of money to put towards your new home.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes....well done....I am saving all my tat for our open allotment day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent car boot, I am off to my first of the year next week. Super excited x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic result, it was a nice sunny day too. I am beginning to think that spring is really on it's way. I must admit that although I have done car boot sales in the past, they are not my favourite thing, and hubby will not come and help so we ended up giving loads to the charity shop. Fingers crossed for next month. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Sue!
    Over £300, that's fantastic. All that sorting out was well worth it. I am currently decluttering and what inspiration for me to keep going. Good luck for next month.

    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great well done. I'm just planning my first one this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done you! We're making a car boot pile in the shed, but it's not enough yet - we shall get there :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.