The rules are so simple.
1. Use up all the food in the cupboards, fridges, freezers and Kitchen Garden before buying other stuff.
2. I have £20 emergency money each week to replace fresh things (milk, bread etc).
This poster stolen shamelessy from Frugal Queen thanks Froogs.
3. Enjoy what we have, make the most of it.
4. Don't see this a chore, enjoy the downscaling.
5. Don't worry if the rules get broken from time to time....I'm only human....honest!!
6. Take photos of all the same cupboards, fridges etc at the end of the month for comparison.
7. Place in a pot any money over at the end of each week and use it to buy a treat at the end of the challenge.
Why is is called How Low Can you Go......because I want to see how little we really need to live comfortably and happily, so it's how low can stocks go and how low can the spending go .
During the challenge, I'll post about the foods we eat, the concoctions we come up with and some thrify tips that I use on a day to day basis, learnt mainly from my previous life when every penny really did count. Join me on this journey, I may need some tips myself when we get to the more obscure packets and packages at the back of the cupboard!!