Monday 8 February 2010

Weekend Round Up

Lovely Hubby had an extra day off work last week so our weekend officially started on Wednesday night!
#
Thursday saw us doing all of Fridays usual jobs, major mucking out of the pigs, big clean up in the house and the million and one other things there are to do around a farm, including a major clean up session in the polytunnel.
#
Friday saw us having a DAY OFF....yes a whole day off, we quickly cleaned out the chickens, fed the dogs, cats and pigs and then hopped in the car for a day in Newbury. Not that Newbury is anything extra special it's just somewhere we had never been before. We've driven by many times but never stopped to look at the shops. So we wandered around. did a little shopping, had a lovely lunch of fish and chips, and then headed home just in time to feed the pigs again and put the chickens to bed.
#
Saturday saw us taking the van and one of the cars to the garage, the van for a service and the car to possibly sell. We have way too many vehicles (more of that on Thursday when I have a special post planned) and we are getting another new one this Friday so we need to make room.
#
Yesterday saw me doing lots little jobs around the place, and an hours crafting, and LH driving to Juniper Hill on a Poo Run (that's a manure pick up!). Our Poo Piles (piles of manure) are steadily growing and we have two huge mountains now, steaming merrily away under their tarpaulins and tyres in readiness for the start of LH's new venture this spring - vermiculture.
#
Today I am trying to lever layers of mud and dust off all the carpets and having yet another big clean up in the house and LH is having another day off work to attend a NVZ course, (that's Nitrate Vulnerable Zones), rather him than me. But it's a subject that he needs to know about ready for the future, so he jumped at the chance of a place on the course.
#
Now I must get back to my beloved Dyson...............!!
#
Sue xx

6 comments:

  1. you both go from strength to strength with your skills !

    My poohill is growing too - shame I can't add the dogs'poop to it - Phewey !

    Do you think £1 per half doz is an Ok price for the eggs ? It's what a friend pays at the farm shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're spot on with your pricing, that's what I charge.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God woman, you are a human dynamo..! I thought I had a busy weekend (and will blog about it) but it seems to pale a bit compared to your chores. And mine didn't involve as much poo, lol!!

    Love Charlotte
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue..I haven't been to Newbury, might go one day, i know lots of my friends from work go there,,I like going to Oxford..also have just started going to Abingdon too.

    I normally buy our eggs on the Wantage market..but whilst in Waitrose, saw these eggs on special offer and just had to try them...

    http://www.clarencecourt.co.uk/burford.asp oh my word, the yolk was so orange, very tasty. We were intrigued because of the colour of the shell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.clarencecourt.co.uk/burford.asp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny isn't it how rare and special a day off can be in this line of work. Fish and chips too ... makes me jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.