Monday 31 July 2017

Decluttering Has It's Benefits ....


Decluttering has it's benefits in so many ways, going through one of the kitchen cupboards the other day I found a jar of blackberries steeping in whisky. 

I must have put the berries in the alcohol when I picked them last year, and looking back over blog posts I didn't post about it so I'm not sure of how long they have been steeping.  But what I can say is WOW ... the taste of both the whiskey AND the fruit is divine!!

The berries were quickly strained through first the sieve and then through a clean sieve lined with muslin so no little bits would be in the finished drink.


The whiskey was bottled up into a nice jar and will be entered into the Llanrwst Show in a few weeks.


And the blackberries were added to a basic cake mix and tipped into two lined 1lb cake tins.


We were going to have a slice each of one of the cakes after lunch ....


... but we got a bit carried away  ;-)

Sue xx

8 comments:

  1. Sounds divine, not sure hubby would part with his whiskey but I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, bet that cake tasted good. My son would love the blackberry whiskey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! The Blackberry whisky sounds amazing, it's sure to be a winner and I bet that cake was divine. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have kept it for when you get a cold Sue . but then you are so generous

    Love You MUM XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious on both counts I am sure and even better for being a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh do you know we have a bottle of gosh-awful whiskey in the drinks cupboard. One of those dirt cheap paint stripper types. This could be just the idea I need to put it to good use!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blackberry whisky? Normally I think that scotch is vile, but blackberry flavoured. Might tempt me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds very good indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.