Thursday 7 April 2016

All a Bit Same Old, Same Old


I've been more than a bit lax in my postings recently ... sorry!!

To be honest the dreary weather gets me down and it all starts to feel a little bit same old, same old, if you know what I mean.

I go through pretty much the same routines everyday, cleaning out the hen house, filling up feeders and drinkers, walking the dogs and general work in the polytunnel, so I get to wondering if you are all just a little bit fed up of the same chit chat and then I lose all impetus to sit down and chat.

Of course I know deep down that there are lots of you out there who relish a sit down and a cup of coffee while you read the ramblings of a mad English woman living on a Welsh hillside with an equally mad Scottish man.


The big news this week ... if you can call it that ... is that Mother Goose, the Hyline hen is no longer broody and is out and about in Chicken World terrorising any chicken that gets in her way and getting all shirty and huffy if Mr Jack dares to try and have his wicked way with her.  She doesn't think she needs a man in her life at all, in any way and chases him away if he dares to approach ... but he's a man even if a very small feathered one and will not learn  ;-)

Daisy's infected eye is all but better after a course of antibiotic injections, the last one administered after she led me a merry song and dance all around Chicken World, until I gave up and waited for bedtime to come and lifted her off the perch when she wa half asleep.  Far from getting stressed out with a chase she really seems to enjoy it and I could virtually hear her laughing at me as she tucked herself under a bush on the edge of the woods knowing full well I couldn't get to her there, once she had decided the game was over!!

Rosy has developed a limp, whether she's just pulled a muscle or something I don't know.  She's fine when she's running round in the paddock but once she comes in and has been resting for a while and then gets up she seems not to want to put much weight on it for a few minutes.  I've felt it all over and she seems in no obvious pain with squeezing poking and stretching, her foot is fine with nothing in the pad or between her toes etc, so I'm giving her one more week for it to get better if there is no improvement she is off to the vets.  So now I have a Pug that limps with her left back leg (hereditary knee problem) and a Jack Russell that limps with her right back leg ... if Mavis walks in the middle it's all balanced out very nicely!!

Anyway, I need to get off the computer now and get stuck in with the ironing, I'm running out of shirts to wear.  Shirts are pretty much the only thing I iron these days so how the ironing basket gets so piled up with eight or more at a time everytime I'll never know, as I said at the begining same old, same old!!

Sue xx




19 comments:

  1. Our iron blew up today with a big flash and a bang, just where it goes into the iron itself:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets to us all at this time of year, not quite spring, not quite rid of winter.
    I have a soaking wet car! It was dark when I came home from the Historical Society meeting last night so I left her by the house. This morning, all windows open and everything wet! My open shut door key had done it! It works if you press too hard--and I had! So towels, newspapers etc and fingers crossed I don't steam too much when driving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Similar happened to me once when I had a car with a sunroof, I left open all night in an almighty thunderstorm. The trick when you're going out is two black bin liners, one over the seat and one pulled right down over the back of the seat. You can whip them off easily when you aren't using the car for drying out purposes, but it can take ages :-(

      Delete
  3. I know what you say about same old same old.....
    When i feel like that i go and see friends in the city or failing that take myself off to the conema

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was in the city last weekend (Reading), maybe that's why I'm feeling it more this week. I guess I'm still a city girl at heart!! And I've got us booked in to see two films over the weekend :-)

      Delete
  4. I think everyone gets to feel like that sometimes, especially when you are stuck in the same old routines day in day out. But your "same old same old" is still interesting to us 'like minded people' and personally it breaks a bit of my same old routine (i.e. work)to check in with your posts and see how you are doing and what you are up to (so, thanks for that). Hope Rosy is OK and it is nothing too serious - I love animals - but they can worry us sometimes. Had my chicken at the vets for 2 days and that was touch and go. She's home now so fingers crossed everything will be OK... worry, worry, worry. Regards, Louise S, Cheshire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't comment often, but I always enjoy your same old/same old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for that comment on ironing - just reminded me that there is a whole rack waiting for just that - so off to do it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent commented before, I dont think, but I always enjoy your posts same old or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like reading your posts I don't think its same old same old. I especially like to hear about the antics of the chickens, dogs and what your growing :-) I have one girl Bluebell who I have to chase around the house twice every night before she goes into the hen house think its a bit of game now. Sorry to hear that Rosy has a limp hope it rights it self soon so she doesn't have to visit the vet. enjoy your ironing I hate it find it a real chore and I have a basket full that needs doing. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. When my dog developed a limp, my vet had me moisten a hand towel and warm it up in the microwave and wrap it around her leg several times a day. The moist heat did wonders for her....I've also tried it on one of my cats and it worked well for him too. Worth a try and saves a vet bill. I enjoy all your posts....keep 'em coming! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. My prospective brother in law is visiting. Had never met him before, nice chap thank god! He's busy cooking for us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "same old" is so different from my "same old"! I love reading about your day and activities. It takes me out of my chemo-induced side effects. Hope Rosy's limp gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do enjoy your posts, and I am a new reader. :) When you mentioned about ironing, I hardly iron anything anymore as well, but as a little girl back in the early 60's I remember my mother ironing everything, including sheets, pillow cases, tablecloths and dish towels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope the pets will be okay, and as others have said, one person's same old varies from another's. Enjoy your holiday cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please carry on with your same old, I enjoy reading about it and your day is a lot more interesting than my 'same old' days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a mad one here,, but I love your posts, several over the pond sea to me different blogs in reality. I consider reading them my trips abroad. It's probably the only real travel I may actually get in my lifetime. But they are loads of fun interesting adventures. So please keep posting as you can, thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous suggested a heated towel ... what about a Wheat Pack? Reusable and no chance of scalding. I loved the picture of the three leaning against each other!! It is always a worry when animals can't tell you where the problem is, isn't it. I think "you lot" (referring to John and yourself) have a case of Spring not Springing fast enough!! I hope you'll feel more chirpy once the weather improves and the growth is more obvious. Could I be right?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your posts Sue. While they day in day out things may end up seeming mundane, for me it's my escape time to peak into a world I'm eager to jump into yet not at that point yet. As Pauline said above - they are more interesting than mine. For example, the highlight of my day yesterday was putting that stick on privacy frosting on our lower windows... then having a large tantrum about my language homework.. woo!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.