Wednesday 20 April 2016

Thank You .... and Books


Firstly, thank you so much for all the birthday wishes yesterday.  

I had a lovely day, lunch out with my Mum and brother in Bents Garden Centre in Manchester, where I nearly broke my spending ban but then my lovely brother stepped in and paid for the fluted quiche baking tin and bottle opener that I was about to pay for, and said it was my birthday present off him ... aren't little brothers good  :-)

I got home to phone calls off my sons, messages from friends and family on Facebook and a lovely and even bigger row of cards on the mantelpiece.


Today it would have been back to normal with a bang, but the sun is out and everything seems fresh and gorgeous.  I have courgettes calling out to me in the polytunnel that need potting on, as they are quickly outgrowing their little toilet roll inner starter pots, so after this post I will be heading off to the warmth of the tunnel before the afternoon heat makes it too unbearable to work in.

The other day I was going through another of my cookbooks, and as you can see from this top view of the book I hadn't found many recipes that I really needed and I was mentally already adding it to the pile waiting to be sold at the car boot sale .... but then I hit the final chapter ..... lots of Scottish recipes, as I guess I would have expected earlier in a book written by Scotswoman Aggie MacKenzie


The little 'Post it' labels were coming out thick and fast then and I even fancy making this alternative scone recipe .....


.... this will get bigger if you click on it.

I've never heard of melting butter and syrup together to start off a scone recipe, but as I have a whole tin of syrup in the cupboard I may just give it a go.


When I got to the end of the book I neatened up the little 'stickies' so that all the yellow ones were together and all the green ones were at the back .... gosh I'm getting so OCD .....


.... I think somebody else thinks so too!!

Sue xx


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I have never heard of melting butter and syrup together to make scones and boy do I love scones!

    I hope you will share this at Thoughts of Home on Thursday this week.
    Just stop by my blog to join in.
    We would love to have you!
    Enjoyed visiting,

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you had a lovely birthday.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an ex pug owner that last picture says just one thing - I love you, birthday or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scone recipe does look good & Suky looks so sweet in her basket xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday wishes Sue glad to hear you had a lovely day. I always love finding new cookery books or recipes never heard of syrup in scones either will be interesting to hear how they turn out, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she's hoping you'd share some scones with her! Glad to hear you had a lovely birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.