Monday 5 August 2013

Yay!! It's Done -The Final Car Boot of the Year


This was our table after the first hour of the car boot sale, I simply could not have got to it any earlier to get a picture.  It was a brilliant sale, other stall holders were amazed at how much they sold in the first hour too.  The weather looked a little bit dull at first and I think lots of folk were worried if they didn't grab a bargain quickly the whole thing would be rained off.
 
But as you can see the sun came out and it warmed up a treat and soon the steady trickle of folk snapped up all our excess 'stuff' bit by bit.
 

 
We were very good, as we were parked right next to a lady under a gazebo selling cup cakes and all sorts of yummy homemade goodies.  We stuck to drinking our green juice though, and snacking on grapes throughout the morning kept temptation at bay.

 
"Last few boxes ... grab a bargain now."
 
Someone should tell Lovely Hubby that even though he is doing very well with his weight loss he still can't manage to hide behind either a cuddly reindeer (in the first photo) or a box of toffees ... if I want a photo of him I will get it.
 
We made a grand total of £163, which quite frankly we were amazed at, after all the majority of our stuff was priced at 50p and 20p with only we reckon about £40 worth of stuff at higher prices.  It just shows how many little bitty bits we actually had.  On the way home we dropped off all the good saleable things into the charity bins in the supermarket car park and a bin bag full of rubbish went in the wheelie bin at the end of the drive.  So the only things that went back into the Man Shed in 'car boot corner' were the empty boxes and the paste tables.
 
A very successful and satisfying day.
 
Sue xx

16 comments:

  1. Well done Sue! I keep thinking I should do a car boot, but then I go to our local carboot sales and the people are horrid! (Not the sellers, the buyers, I don't think I could stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done. I occasionally go to one although there are not many at all near us. Couldn't do one though so more power to your elbow as they say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sue, that was good going. We ought to do one really, husband is keen but I'm not so. The massive scrummage when you first get there and open your boot to start unloading, with people right on top of you and some rude ones even grabbing stuff out of your boot right under your nose puts me right off. It's happened a few times, no matter how early we arrive to unpack, and despite our polite requests for people to allow us time to set up first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a good day, so happy for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding work! Well done that lady! (and Gentleman!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on such a successful sale! What will you be doing with the money earned?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! What a lovely feeling to be rid of all that stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's what I call real decluttering, not fannying about and taking half of it back. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little money making! I`ve done a car boot once, selling my stash of musical instruments I had cluttering the attic. They all went for good money and I made over £300 in one car boot session. It payed for our Christmas break to Germany a few years back, so I could see my parents.
    Well done for getting rid of your clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Congratulations! I am scared to do a car boot for exactly the reasons that everyone else has given above.

    We have done it twice and never again, you open your boot and people are on you. and I had to laugh they bought stuff from us and then put it on their stall to sell. good luck to them I say.

    I don't have a lot of things. We move house too often to collect many things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good decluttering and a healthy profit too, worth giving up time for :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad this went well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent work. Glad the weather turned out well - when I did boot sales a few years ago, I seemed to sell more when the weather was not that good (never understood why). Will be doing this myself over the winter months, not sure when we will actually get round to doing the sales, but there is at least one near where we will be in Hampshire - as DC says there are not many around in Norfolk. Is the money going towards the new house costs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a good day was had by all.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.