Saturday 19 November 2016

The Log Store


Lovely Hubby's latest little build has been a stone pathway leading across the front of and down from the log store. 


It matches the one that runs along side the shed in Chicken World, the two are connected by the gate and a paving stone ... not that the chickens use many of our logs and actually need a connecting path 😉 

It all ties in neatly with the new permanent fencing that we have separating Chicken World from our garden area.


It got really slippery at the front of the log store last Winter with all the rain we had, and the slope down to the house when you were carrying a basket full of logs was quite precarious.

Now we can approach the log store and stand in relative safety while we fill the basket and then either step off in front when the ground is not to slippery, or walk down the pathway and turn back to the house if it is.  I just need some thicker soled wellies or some thicker inserts as I can feel every stone through mine at the moment!!


Did you spot a little doggy waiting by the gate.  She was banished from Chicken World while they ate up some popcorn .... she hoovers it up faster than a Dyson if I let her in when I'm giving them a treat !!


Sue xx


12 comments:

  1. How these things evolve as we see the need, and how lucky we are to have energetic & strong men to put these plans into action. Yes you definitely need to buy some REAL wellies. Your property is so neat Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Looks pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wellies with the best soles ever are 'Muck Boots'. They're called that if you google them. Can't feel a thing through the soles. Love how the house n garden are looking. Does Mavis still have to go on her long lead outside? Have a fab weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lovely Hubby wears Muck Boots. I'll not invest in a pair until mine wear out. My current ones are bog standard green wellies bought at a garden centre and they have lasted and lasted. Some new insoles will do for now 😊

      Delete
    2. Oh and Mavis doesn't need to go on her lead at home anymore as long as we are out with her.

      Delete
  4. Good news about Mavis in your comments. All looking great x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Said it before and I'll say it again, your place is fantastic. Isn't there always something to do?? I love "green" wellies!! Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks really lovely. and I love the disgruntled Mavis pic at the end! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Rosy ... she always comes out with me while I clean out the henhouse and feed the birds their daily corn rations.
      Mavis and Suky dash back into the house after morning walkies :-)

      Delete
  7. I felt every stone when we moved in but for some reason I don't now and I've not changed my boots not the stones! Maybe I got used to them. Great idea and as someone else said about evolving, I simply love to see it. It looks very tidy and neat in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stones settle after a while and bed themselves in, so they don't feel anywhere near as bad when you walk on them. But these stones and the stones that LH has just added to the path inside Chicken World are all freshly laid and need treading in ... which it seems I am painfully doing day by day ;-)

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.