Tuesday 22 December 2015

Pussycat Wigwams ...... and Chickens



As snug as a bug in a rug .... or a cat in a wigwam!!


Ginger gets on great with all the dogs, as you have seen in so many of the photos I put on here, but every now and then a cat has to be alone and this is where the freezer is a godsend.  None of the dogs, not even little bouncy Charley when we had her, can get on here.  So when it's time for Ginger to have some 'me time' he jumps up on the freezer and cuddles on down in his pussy cat wigwam.

His food dishes as you can see are also up here which means he has access to dry food at all times and is able to eat his tunafish breakfast in peace with no dogs clamouring to lick the bowl clean for him.


I don't usually disturb him at all when he's in the wigwam, and as you can see from the photos just getting up close with the camera meant he dug his claws in as if to say 'leave me alone' ... so I did and he was soon back to pussycat snoring  :-)




Reverse Advent - Day 22

For today's gift I clicked on Oxfam Unwrapped and ordered two chickens to be sent to a family that will make good use of them.  They come with a lesson on how to raise, look after and make the best possible use of them to both feed their family and potentially make them a bit of money.

There's a sale on the website at the moment, lots of these gifts that make a difference are half price, with the other half being paid for by Oxfam Partners.  If you have yet to buy a present for someone and you have no idea what to get them this would be a lovely idea.  You can order an E.card to be sent to the recipient so they will know all about their unusual but worthwhile Christmas present and that it was bought by you.

Visit here - Oxfam Unwrapped

Sue xx

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea the chickens are I wish I had known about Oxfam Unwrapped sooner but will remember it for next year. This year I bought places for homeless people at Crisis at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT is a lovely idea :-). Well done, a perfect Christmas gift.

      Delete
  2. Everyone needs a private place to get away from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea concerning Oxfam, it's a great idea and I'm going to have a look now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to know. Thanks, I'll go look now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Louise from Cheshire (anonymous from the Big Issue Post). Only anonymous as didn't know which profile to select!! Lovely post again. Ginger is so lovely and it is nice he has a place to escape to. I love the way he gets on with that gorgeous Mavis and the photos of them together are fantastic. You have again showed yourself to be such a kind, generous person through your gifts. Isn't it a pity more people are not like you, as perhaps then this crazy world would be a much better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment. No problem with commenting as Anonymous, just sign your name at the end of the comment, then I will know it's you :-)

      Delete
  6. Those wigwams should come in people size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to feed my cats off the ground, or Rocky would scoff the lot, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely idea to give a real gift at Christmas. Love the idea of those chickens. Ginger is adorable in his cat pod. Have so much enjoyed reading all of your posts this year, thank you for sharing. I do not often comment - but I do read. Wishing you and all yours a wonderful holiday season. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone neeeds a place where they can be quiet and know they'll not be disturbed.

    Solstice blessings from my home to yours :-}

    ReplyDelete
  10. The "Give some chickens" idea is great! We once did this with a goat, for a family in East Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great gift idea. I too think they should make wigwams in adult size.

      Delete
  11. Adorable cat, all hidden away in his own little place! And the chickens is a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ordered a new large dog bed online in the sale and unfortunately, a small dog/cat bed was delivered. The company told me to keep it while they sent a replacement. Another small size dog/cat bed turned up and again, they told me to keep it and said that the large size wasn't available, so my money was refunded. They don't want the 2 small beds back so today, I phoned the local pet rescue centre and they said that they would like them. They didn't cost me anything and are around £20 each, so I'm glad they are off to a good home. I will also leave a donation instead of sending cards this year. Your picture of the cat bed prompted me to rehome these pet beds asap! I like the idea of gifting chickens, goats or places for the homeless instead of 'stuff'x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea for a "starter" gift of chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our cat loves her little tent, especially when the air gets a bit nippy.

    Great gift of chickens to those who need them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great gesture..... Lucky old ginger.... He looks very content to have his own pad!!' I have never seen a cat get on with so many dogs ...you are very lucky to have such a cute little family..have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.