Sunday 15 May 2011

Luscious Lavender

The Lavender is looking very good this year. After the heavy showers of yesterday the plants are fresh and green and there is the promise of flowers very soon on virtually every stem.
Over the Winter I lost two plants, but the rest are fresh with lots of new growth and about to do their stuff.
~
Today we are off to Tetsworth Farmers Market, yes that's right, the one that closed down a few months ago. When asked in a questionnaire what they wanted in the village lots of folk said they wanted a Farmers Market!! Well they used to have one, but we closed down due to lack of local support. So a crowd of us have got together (mostly the Great Haseley Farmers Market bunch) and decided to give it another shot.
~
We'll see how it goes. I'll try and get some pictures, if I'm not rushed off my feet!!
~
Have a lovely day.
~
Sue xx
~

6 comments:

  1. Aother of my favourite smells - lovely lavender.

    Good for you with the farmers market, I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS

    Sorry about the typo my N is sticking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lavender, sadly I lot my biggest bush over the winter in all that snow. I'm planning on replanting the area with more though ... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, that should say "lost" not "lot"

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a long time since you sent the Lavender goodies to my little city ... I spray the pretty hanging container with lavender cologne now. It still hangs in my closet. I think of you every time I 'refresh' it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm due to be leaving Scotland some time this year and I don't know if I'll be taking my lavender bush with me, it a wonderful herb to grow - not just for smell but for culinary purposes too. So we'll see.

    Wishing you well with the farmers market.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.