Thursday 3 September 2009

Blustery Day

Blustery day............... that would be the understatement of the decade!! Today the winds have blown, seemingly from every direction. The sky darkens and then clears with alarming speed and to top it all the power went off for a couple of hours, why do we forget just how much of our world relies on electricity? I filled the washer, then realised! I went upstairs to fetch the hoover! In the end I cleaned the bathrooms, just good old elbow grease required.
Now the power is back on and I have lost the urge to hoover, the washer can still go on though, as long as I remember to empty it after tea!!
The chickens have spent the day hiding from the wind behind the shed mostly, as it changed direction they swapped sides, the Welsummers have spent a lot of the day hiding in the White Girls house, they like to roost on the perches during the day, something the White Girls have never done.
Tomorrow the new chicken house arrives, with room for all the girls to live together, will they? Only time will tell. One thing is for sure it will be well sprayed against Red Mite before any chickens get to move in.
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,

    It has been really windy here too! A sure sign that summer is out and autumn is in I guess...
    I hope you (and the chickens!) aren't too blown about :-)

    I hope they like their new house too!

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...still waiting for my hen house so no hens yet ! Yours lookk happy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.