Monday 8 June 2009

Free furniture

After all the excitement of chasing foxes and rescuing our lovely Latte, it was time to rescue something else, a not very lovely but extremely useful piece of furniture. So while the weather decided what it wanted to do, I settled down to a spot of painting.

I had other jobs I could have been doing but there's something calming about transforming an old unwanted piece of furniture into a pretty and useful item and the fact we got it for free made it seem doubly satisfying. 

The colour is a mix of cream, white and a little bit of the door colour we had mixed for the farmhouse exterior doors.  I love it, but I'll never be able to replicate it exactly so it was nice to have enough to finish the cupboard and a little bit left over for a side table and a plant stand.

I'm off shopping today so I'm going to look for a roll of flowery wallpaper in the charity shops to line the drawers and the cupboard doors. I'll take another picture when I've finished.

(Update on Latte - she is alive and well and looking in fine fettle, although she gave me a heart stopping moment a few minutes ago when she vanished - I was searching everywhere outside and she was in the kitchen eating the dog food!!)

Hope you had nice weekend.

Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. ello Sue. Just caught up with Latte's adventures, poor soul. All part of country life isn't it, but at least she survived. I love your cupboard. Gorgeous colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad Latte is safe and well!! cheeky chickens!

    love your cupboard, it looks fantastic!

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is another way of looking into the lives of others. I'm urban Oz so my life is very different but your top picture made me yearn for a country life.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.