Thursday 19 October 2017

Mentioned in Despatches ... and Stripping Clothes and Paper


This week myself, and a number of other bloggers that live and grow here in Wales ... a couple of whom some of you should know ... have been featured in a Thompson and Morgan blog post.  My bit has this photo of the polytunnel.

It's a lovely piece and well worth a read.

See it HERE.



Meanwhile on this chilly damp and very Autumnal day I'm very firmly indoors and the place looks like a bomb has hit it, well  the bedrooms do anyway as I tackle something I've been telling myself to do for ages.  Sort one final time through all my clothes and finally get rid of everything that I don't wear, things bought that just aren't 'me' etc etc.

It looked neat when I started on Tuesday late in the afternoon while things were still confined in boxes, hung in the wardrobe and safely tucked away in drawers ....


... then I started hanging things on doors, draping things all over our bed and the spare bed and I quickly lost the will to  live, went and fed the dogs and took them for a walk.  Yesterday saw me turning a blind eye to the mess and driving to Manchester for lunch with Mum, today sees me putting off finally finishing the task by blogging about it instead  ;-) 

But once I've finished this post and drunk my coffee I will get stuck  right back in and once and for all minimise my clothes to a level I'm happy with.


Did I mention that I'm simultaneously stripping out the living room ready for redecorating at the weekend?


No wonder I get confused  :-)

Sue xx

12 comments:

  1. Always good to have a rummage and disposal session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food in the polytunnel looks amazing, growing away like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Losing the will to live" is the point at which I always know it's time for a break! (Although if the break is too long, it can get hard to remember what all the piles were :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with it all and your poly tunnel looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just about to start some painting I put off a while ago. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the link to T&M blog, I found a few new-to-me blogs to read! :-)

    I feel I'm constantly decluttering but never get there :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a never ending task this sorting out - lovely when it is done but then we seem to accumulate more stuff again quite quickly - I feel I need to live hundreds of miles from any shop and lock and bolt the doors so stuff can't come in LOL! You are doing a good job though - looking forward to seeing the living room when finished - we are on to the 2nd bedroom now at long last. Will need to come back and read your feature on the Thompson and Morgan blog - I should be having an early night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Goodness, My closet and guest room sounds just like this. Help !
    Going to the Blog to read right now.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent the blog to daughter and she loved it. She has a small community plot.

      Delete
  9. DO you remember the AA Milne poem that starts :
    "There was an old man that my Grandfather knew,
    who had so many things that he wanted to do
    that whenever he thought it was time to begin,
    he couldn't because of the state he was in...."

    It's one of me favourites, and so often sums up exactly the pickle I get myself into.... starting too many things and getting muddled!

    I've been waiting for you to tell us how you gt o in the Big Storm, but it seems it passed right be unnoticed!?? That's good. I wondered how the polytunnel would cope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decluttering efforts are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.